• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The latest 'Designer Rabbit'

yeah it's not like a shoe collection - it's a living creature with a possible 15yr lifespan :( I wonder how many selfish bints are churning these poor creatures out to meet demand now? :? And where will they all end up when people get bored with them? Stuck in the equivalent of a shoebox down the end of someone's garden no doubt :evil:

It is in the Daily Express and it is a Rescue that is breeding them and charging £100 each, now I wonder why rescues get bad names,

They are in london but assume they will spread through the country quick

Elaine

It is in the Daily Express and it is a Rescue that is breeding them and charging £100 each, now I wonder why rescues get bad names,

They are in london but assume they will spread through the country quick

Elaine

They didn't mention it was a rescue in the metro. How awful, and although I do think animals should be more expensive to stop impluse buying, I'm sure thats not the reason behind the price :cry:

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I feel another attack of HBWS coming on...................

( Head Brick Wall Syndrome )

My local garden centre advertises Belgian Hare X Rexes as Speciality Breeds

:evil:

Janex

I think the Breeder is Val who used to be on here. She never made any secret that she started out in showing and moved to rescue as a side-line. Although I suspect that the rescue takes most of her time these days :D

Amy

I think the Breeder is Val who used to be on here. She never made any secret that she started out in showing and moved to rescue as a side-line. Although I suspect that the rescue takes most of her time these days :D

Amy

I'm more annoyed that this rabbit is being advertised as a 'Designer Rabbit', pets are not fashion items that can be thrown away when bored! :censored:

Two years ago it was lionheads, last year it was Frenchies, I wonder how long it will be before Hares start arriving in the rescues :?:?

If it is Val who is involved, I wonder what she thinks about this, surely she can't be pleased about it!:? Although I don't know where the article suggests that it has anything to do with her anyway?

Hopefully no one will be stupid enough to buy them after reading that trash, its not like they can just go down to p@h, so fingers crossed they'll not bother looking any further.

If it is Val who is involved, I wonder what she thinks about this, surely she can't be pleased about it!:? Although I don't know where the article suggests that it has anything to do with her anyway?

It was me who thought it might be Val. I'm sure her name was Val Taylor, she was from London, and bred Belgian Hares. Could be coincidence or I might be remembering wrong tho'.

No, my wrong, you are right, at the bottom of the article it says a quote from Valerie Taylor!:evil: What the :censored: is she doing advertising them as a designer breed! Its something I'd have expected of a backyard breeder hoping to make a quick buck!:evil:

Just phoned val and she has been totally misquoted!!!
she DID NOT SAY that they are pets at all she said they were NOT pets as they are a specialest breed!!

Back