• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Tragic Results of Irresponsible Breeding-U/D 1st Sept Post 42 :'-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Over the last 48 hours I have heard two accounts from two much respected Rescues of 'events' that just underline my strong 'anti-Breeding' views.

Both of these Rescues were asked to take in numerous Rabbits that the RSPCA could not accomodate. These small, self funded Rescues agreed to help even though they were already full to bursting.
The Rescues had all the Does spayed ASAP and between them the Vets operating had to abort over 50 foetuses :cry:
There was no alternative but to spay the Does as there was just nowhere for another 50 Babies to go. So they would have been born only to be PTS.

Both these Rescues and both Vets have been profoundly effected by this dreadful experience. Why should they have been put in such a situation just because *irresponsible* breeders consider it to be their 'right' to continuing producing Rabbits that the world cant accomodate.

I am so angry about this. The Rescues and the Vets are hurting really badly. They want to save lives, not be forced to end them

:censored::censored::censored:

:cry:

*I will not be naming either Rescue or the Vets concerned*

Janex

Last edited:
That's terrible :cry:
My heart goes out to the vet and the rescues involved. :cry:
That's terrible they have to do that and go through that to clean up another persons irresponsible mess :cry:

How awful. Rabbits have such a hard time. You want to go and knock these peoples heads together (and worse). It is so unfair on the people who have to go in and sort these situations out, having to compromise their principals because somebody else is too stupid or greedy to consider the consequences.

As usual its left for others to bear the responsibility ...and guilt :cry:

while the breeders get off scot free . :(

who ever these rescues and vets are my heart goes out to them ...:(

I was is a similar situation two years ago

I had to catch 23 bunnies that had been dumped on heathland near me.:censored: I could only catch 13

All 12 were pregnant and one male was exauhasted. one gave birth the same day and i had to handrear all the babies. The others had there pregnancies terminated. :cry: I have never ever felt so awful in my entire life and yet i was doing the best possible thing for them at that time. I cried at the decision that i had to make and it is one that i would never want to repeat, but sadly the way the world is i will probably have to.

its heartbreaking, but i completlyrespect their decision. rescues r strong people with big kind hearts xxxx

Deciding to abort a litter has got to be one of the most gut wrenching decisions you can ever make, however, I always refuse to carry someone elses guilt over the decision to do so.

The blood is firmly on the hands of the irresponsible person who chose to play God and bring yet more lives into a society that has no place for them.

Sadly sometimes the unborn kits are not the only casualty :cry:

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thats awful! I am strongly anti-breeding of any animal for 'pets' and this has made me so, so mad! Those poor babies and poor mummies, plus I feel so sorry for all the people involved in such a mess.

God that's awful. I really feel for the vets and the rescues. I think the people who have done this need beating around the head with a big stick and that is putting it mildly!!
:evil:

What can I say... Im shocked, saddened and disgusted and Im just reading about this - I honestly dont know how those involved cope - but thank god there are people that are able to help these poor animals :cry:

I totally agree with your anger and upset. I can't bear the amount of people that think its okay to just have a go at breeding rabbits or other animals to make money. And then this happens when they realise they took on too much or just get bored...:cry::cry::cry:

What a horrible thing for the vets and rescues to have to deal with. Thank goodness there are people to pick up the pieces for the rabbits' sake, but boy I would like to see the breeders dragged through the courts and their pants sued off!!

And another thing to highlight the dire situation........ it seems that some 'Rescues' sell un-neutered Rabbits and even give advice on 'BREEDING from your Pets' :shock::censored:

What part of 'too many Rabbits already' do these people not understand

:censored:

Janex

How sad :cry: I hope the bunnies all find good homes

Someone in our village lost one of their rabbits (as in died) and then wanted another for their remaining bunny. I did give them all the rabbitrehome and rescue info but they chose to go to a breeder with a sign outside saying 'baby bunnies for sale' :roll: Anyway the breeder actually suggested breeding their THREE year old rabbit to provide her with a friend!! Luckily she decided not to but bought a tiny boy baby who she says will be getting neutered....

And another thing to highlight the dire situation........ it seems that some 'Rescues' sell un-neutered Rabbits and even give advice on 'BREEDING from your Pets' :shock::censored:

Janex

:evil::evil::evil:

there is a small rescue not too far from us ....and we found out that they breed bunnies . They then ..REHOME them for £5 each :(:(

Janex

The only time i rehome a rabbit that is un-neutered is when they are too young to be neutered. I do a follow up at four to six months and request that we have a card stamped by the vets saying the at the bunny has now been neutered failing that i take the bunnie myself and get it neutered.

Why would a rescue breed or give advice on breeding? Why add to the population?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back