• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

National Rabbit Week

becks

Alpha Buck
I just wondered ifa nyone elses vets had doen anything for national rabbit week?

Last year mine did a talk on arbbit care, and gave away goodbags,a nd thsi year they've done free check ups,a nd goody bags.

When I took Sama nd Domino in today tho whilst cutting their nails for me teh nurse was telling me how there had been very little publicity ona whoel this year - which I admit tho I knew it was round about now I've had nothingfrom RWA ora nything. She was saying she had to really push to get the goody bags through too.

It's a shame as last years event really did teach em alot,as at the time I only had the one bun and hadnt had her that long,a nd was just going trhough the adoption process for Domino.

I just wondered if anyone elses vets had doen anything?

My two are in my very godo books at the mo: otehr Sam refusing to let thems ee her molers theyw ere both very godo, have healthy teeth, clean bottoms, bright eyes,a nd were very well behaved for their manicures ;-) and Sam even lost 0.6k!!!! wish i could manage the same :lol:

Yes mine are doing the free health/dental checks and Bobbin is booked in for Friday :D

I looked on the site today and did the search, so many more vets popped up than had done previously so many are doing it, but yes, if it's not advertised well no one will know, unless they already know about it! :?

This is what the 50 mile radius of my postcode looks like :shock: :D
2215634610_40edf6d2ba.jpg

Jane Dexter is doing a talk on rabbit behavior in Rugby this Saturday.

What did you get in your goody bag?!

They were very very late in adding details to the website. It was virtually blank right up until a week or so ago.

I get the impression it's organised by burgess? It really hasn't been pushed at all this year.

Tam

i got a letter fro the vets inviting us to go down for a free dental check up so we are going down tomorrow where as well as their teeth being looked at they are going to have a full bunny MOT:D

They were very very late in adding details to the website. It was virtually blank right up until a week or so ago.

I get the impression it's organised by burgess? It really hasn't been pushed at all this year.

Tam

i know our talk last year was [partially run bya bloke from burgess, promoting excel.

and teh goodbag this year included a couple of samples of excel,a nd some bunny treats, and hey....

Not sure if ours is doing anything but we are offering a free gift for the pet or 10% of the booking fee to a local rabbit rescue for ANY bookings that are made during NRW (the booking can be for anytime in 2008).

I cannot believe neither of my vets or any of the ones local to me are taking part this year :evil::censored:

I'm due at the vet tonight so I'll ask the vet

We got a letter from our vets about free dental checks, unfortunatly we had only taken them in a week ago.

I cannot believe neither of my vets or any of the ones local to me are taking part this year :evil::censored:

I'm due at the vet tonight so I'll ask the vet

Yes do ask your vet, don't just rely on the search facility, my vet was only added a few days ago even though they applied weeks ago.

Could someone check if any vets near me are doing free checks or anything?

My two are happy and healthy, but haven't been in since their VHDs last July, so a check would be good.

I'd prefer to PM my postcode if someone could look for me (my computer won't load the National Rabbit Week webpage) ...

The rabbit awareness wk has been a disaster in my eyes as pet protect came to me at wk end to do lots of photos for this to go in the local papers etc and all that has gone in is the press release from them no rabbit photos and one paper hsn't even done that, the people came up from london specially but at least I will have some photos when she sends them to me as he was a professional photographer from routers newsagency

My vet does free health/dental checks anyway :thumb:

hiya joselyn- which vets do you go too...im in southwick too and just wondered if we used the same one...im with the southdowns one on the old shoreham road ( always good to know if they can be done foc anytime of the year!)

Back