• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

gerbils and birds

becks

Alpha Buck
thought i'd post some piccies i took tonight whilst playing in teh animal room.

first up porky, he was a rescue gerbil i took on late october last year after his previous owner was diagnosed as being terminally ill :cry:

porkys a proper happy chap,a nd you can tell he was well cared fro as he's full of character...here he is deciding that he will play at being hoover and eat all teh bird sead taht the tiels have thrown around...waste not want not eh?

porky2.jpg

porky3.jpg

porky.jpg

all the rodents get free time running around teh spare room and love it...whilst the birds have free flight most of teh time also.

here's soem of my otehr gerbils.

these boys i cant tell apart, tehy are pink eyed white rescues taht i took on a year and 2 montsh ago, tehy came froma man who had overbred, it is unknown if tehy are brothers, father son, grandfather son etc. i tooka colony of 6, one sadly died in november, and oen i have had tos eperate as his sight faded and resulting in hima ttacking his brothers. teh otehr four arent named as i cant tell them apart! but here are three of them

pewboys2.jpg

pewboys.jpg

and this is their brotehr chomp, who i named after he tried chomping on his brothers :oops: i knwo he didnt mean it, his sight had faded in one eye, but best to keep him alone now

chomp.jpg

and now for my birdies, the boy budgies were out in teh other roomw hen these were taken so just got the tiels, and three of the girl budgies (foggy is sitting on "duff" eggs at the moment following a "Phantom pregnancy" (she also keeps standing on her plastic bird trying to get taht pregnant too :oops:

these are the tiels beni (right) and nibe (left)

beniandnibe.jpg

and again with samino in teh background...and having swapped places....

nibebeniandsamino.jpg

my eldest budgie (and pet) jimmy, i got her in april 1998 aged 8 weeks and named her after my dad - tehn she turned out to eb female following her first moult!....

jimbob.jpg

my lutino budgie sunny (very original name ;-))

sunny-1.jpg

and one samino my "home grown" female budgie who hatche dteh same day as i bonded sam and domino last year (13/03) hence the name

samino.jpg

Aw, Gerbils! Such pretty birds too. My friend had a tiel once that could to the noise of a fire alarm. :lol:

Back