• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dental-Post op questions

Beebop

Warren Veteran
Okay, so on Monday Clove and Fudge are both possibly getting dental work done and I know that after an op their body temp will drop so they are staying indoors for a night. My question is that on the tuesday afternoon they will be going back out to the shed and I am worried they will get a chill. Other than a heatpad, is there anything else I can do to make going back out less of a shock to them? I'll not keep them in an overly warm room, do you think they'll be ok?

PS all vibes for the op needed as I am fretting about it already!:shock:

Lots of vibes to them both.

I normally keep mine in for a couple of nights to be on the safe side. If you are putting them back outside the following day you could increase the hay too.

You will need to try and get them to eat and drink asap so they have no tummy problems.

Normally with Zip, it depends on how she is the day after, you'll know yourself what to do,as you know your buns best. Zippy is a bunnies bunny and she prefers to be back out, I do bring Scooby in with her (not tonight though as I'm watching for poo), but she's happier outside. So unless it's really cold or she 's dia, she goes back the day after.

They have a bale of hay on the shed, so will have bucket loads of hay to snuggle up in, infact Clove has renovated the bale into a warren, so will probably sleep in there.:lol:

i usually put mine out the next day unless they are not eating well. I usually open the window in the morinig to cool the room down and then put them out late morning. If they have plenty of hay thats great. we always worry don't we!

Back