• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Carriers £1.75!

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
Hi all, just been in to my local Tesco (Newport, South Wales) and picked up a pet carrier for £1.75. I thought it must have been priced wrong but it wasn't. I would imagine they will be in Tesco across the region.

Thought this may be useful to anyone who hasn't already got one for those dreaded vet visits.

I personally wouldn't give Tesco my money!! :lol::evil:

I agree with you hunnybunny. They will never get any more of my money. I would rather go to a charity shop, a car boot sale or at the very least a smaller store to buy my carriers.

Apart from driving smaller businesses out of business by having stores everywhere, driving farmers to ridiculously low wholesale prices, not being interested in the welfare of the animals and poultry being produced for their customers low budget pockets, they are selling rabbit accommodation that is totally unsatisfactory.

They also appear in the latest (11th version) of Naturewatch's Compassionate Shopping guide because they still produce products that have either been or contain ingredients that have been tested on animals. Even non-veggies can't agree with some of the barbaric testing that large companies like Tescos condone.

I have managed to buy all of my pet carriers from my local car boot and most cost no more than a couple of pounds.

Sounds like an error to me...... its not like Tesco to let anything go too cheap, unless its part of their plan in over taking the universe!

To be fair if you stopped buying stuff from every place that sold accomadation that was too small for bunnies Buster would go hungry :lol:

To be fair if you stopped buying stuff from every place that sold accomadation that was too small for bunnies Buster would go hungry :lol:

I must be lucky then because I can buy all of my rabbity bits from local shops that don't sell awful accommodation. In fact most of them don't sell any accommodation.

I just hate Tesco.......you might have guessed that already.

I must be lucky then because I can buy all of my rabbity bits from local shops that don't sell awful accommodation. In fact most of them don't sell any accommodation.

I just hate Tesco.......you might have guessed that already.

You must be because every local petshop to me has those tiny bloody hutches which let absolutely no light in and the poor bunny can't turn round :roll: I do make rather loud comments about it. In fact when I was in a local shop the other day buying Buster some food there was a women and I overheard her saying that little cage will do it's only a rabbit :censored: Anyway she noticed I had bunny stuff and said isn't that big enough for a house rabbit. I said well personally I think it's too small unless it will be out all the time. Even then I wouldn't keep my baby in it all night. Buster's baby cage was twice the size of the one she had choosen. Anyways she was purchasing a play pen like I have when I left :D I get what your saying though but to be honest common sense tells you that cage is too small for a rabbit :roll:

Some tesco stores have a new range of pet products in, i think its just in selected tesco stores so the price will be part of introductory offer i think.

Caz

Jesus Christ, people are so anti - buying for a shop on this forum......! You cant buy from P@H and now you cant buy from Tesco.....!

It's not that you can't - just member's have their own ethics/morals and choose to stick to them. Yes, they may be vocal about them and the reasons for them but it's only as they believe in them strongly, and as long as it's not done aggressively or in a 'holier than thou' attitude I think it's fine - a few of my friends are vegetarian and make it clear that they don't think animals should be eaten but I don't throw it in their face that I eat meat and they don't call me evil for it! :lol:

It's not that you can't - just member's have their own ethics/morals and choose to stick to them. Yes, they may be vocal about them and the reasons for them but it's only as they believe in them strongly, and as long as it's not done aggressively or in a 'holier than thou' attitude I think it's fine - a few of my friends are vegetarian and make it clear that they don't think animals should be eaten but I don't throw it in their face that I eat meat and they don't call me evil for it! :lol:

You have explained how I feel exactly Bensmum - thank you. Everyone is free to do as they wish and I would never try to dictate how people shop, however, if by speaking to others they can make informed choices of their own, all the better.

You have explained how I feel exactly Bensmum - thank you. Everyone is free to do as they wish and I would never try to dictate how people shop, however, if by speaking to others they can make informed choices of their own, all the better.

Totally get what your saying :thumb: X

i think i would buy a cheap pet carrier from tescos, because i could go to a bootfair and get one, but that would probabl have comes from tescos or PAH so its alls wings and roundabouts.

i do try and get things that are good for the enviroment, or come from pet free places, but i have 2 be logical and combine it with what i can personally afford too :D

Agree 100 per cent, we all have our own issues with these places. Some like them some dont. Personally I dont like P@H or Tesco. x

I agree. I don't shop in Tesco's and having just complained to them about another of their pet products it wouldn't be right for me to accept buying another pet product from them. Shops work on sales and if people don't buy pet products from them then they wont sell them anymore.

Anyone obtaining second hand pet carriers- Remember to thoroughly disinfect them before use!

Back