• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Megazorb or Easibed? Update - Megazorb causing poorly tum?

cheryl21

Warren Scout
After a previous thread, I decided to change bedding to megazorb. I have been in touch with my local horsey shop, who have said that they can order it in, but that they sell a lot of Easibed for bunnies.

I'm now confused!!! Which one is better for my buns?:?

Last edited:
I use easi-bed but i also use for it for my birds it is good stuff nut it all depends what you like the best

I use... both! I use Megazorb for the piggies and Easibed for the buns. Easibed is more flakey and less soft, but it also looks like it would be less harmful for their tummies if eaten (can't think it would expand like Megazorb probably would). Megazorb is more absorbent though.

absorbancy isnt too much of a problem - they're both litter trained (unless being moody and trying to annoy me - especially in the house). Stella has pressure sores, so I wanted something soft - but Bud is a chewer - anything goes!!!! Aarghh!!! I'm confused!!!

It's not a hard bedding, but not as soft and fluffy as Megazorb. Probably has the sort of consistency as wood shavings.

Easibed would probably be best then - they dont spend a lot of time in their hutch anyway - they have the run of the outhouse!! I'm trying to get them to eat more hay - they dont eat a lot of it and prefer straw, so i'm trying to cut down on the straw and make sure they have plenty of hay. I read that woodshavings can be bad for them - eg dust etc - i take it easibed has the dust extracted?

I never thought having rabbits would be so worrying :shock:!!!

The dust is extracted a lot of us use it sorry by that i am on a bird forum and all most of us use it

I love Megazorb. It's great. I use it for the flooring of the hutch for my girls' hocks. It's very fluffy and soft and absorbs brillantly. I only have to change it once a week, and I can get 70L bags for £8, which lasts my two girls (same hutch) about three months. Great value. Would never change to any other litter.

Last edited:
Wow - that great value. I currently get then woodshavings, straw, hay and recycled paper - costs a :censored: fortune!!! I'm thinking of just using the megazorb and hay - maybe a bit of straw in their bed. I think i'll ask the horsey shop to order it in. And if its going to be better for Stellabobs sore feet, then it'll do for me!!!

Update - Megazorb causing poorly tummy?

I have been trying the megazorb for my buns. Buddy has developed a messy bottom. I have never had problems with his gut before and haven't changed his diet. I caught him eating some megazorb earlier - could this be the problem?

I'm worried as he is never poorly - Stella is usually the sickly bun!!!

i always put a layer of straw on top of the megazorb in their litter tray mainly to stop it tracking around the whole house but it also stops them eating it and the wee falls straight through.

I am still suspicious that megazorb was the only thing we introduced about 3 weeks before Christmas and Katy got a blockage on Christmas Day.

We never saw her eating it but she is always a very healthy bun (never been ill in the 18 months we have had her). The vet thought it may be a hairball that caused the blockage but I am not sure.

We now use a thin layer of megazorb but do put hay over it and a lot of hay in the "head" end so that will tempt rather than megazorb.

Bunnie doesn't eat it so she ok!

And my asthma ok so far with it as I try not to breathe when changing her litter tray!

Back