• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Sunday Heralds view on rabbit week! **new link on pg1

It is awful isn't it?

On a lighter and more constructive note I had a veterinary surgeon from Dunfermline call me last Sunday to ask my permission to mention my rescue and my website which he was very impressed with in an article he was writing about National rabbit week. :D He is going to send me a copy of the paper it is going in :D

I've read the complete and utter TRASH of an article, and all of your comments.....and have now added my own!:evil: :evil:

To say that I am 'slightly annoyed' at the moment is a HUGE understatement!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

What a strange article :? I couldn't work out if the point she was trying to make was not to just replace animals and impulse buying. So badly written though, utter nonsense. I left a comment too.

Blood boiling.

What a total cretin the author is. It just sums up what we are all up against doesn't it. I want, I want. Not a second thought for the bunnies themselves.

By writing this and by the newspaper publishing it, it gives it some sort of worth.... appalling.

Comment left.

Thank you to hunnybun for bringing it to our attention

Blood boiling.

What a total cretin the author is. It just sums up what we are all up against doesn't it. I want, I want. Not a second thought for the bunnies themselves.

By writing this and by the newspaper publishing it, it gives it some sort of worth.... appalling.

Comment left.

Thank you to hunnybun for bringing it to our attention
Between this and The tiny Tesco hutch, I am so angry at the damage that is done :cry:

Last edited:
Hunnybun

Do you ever get so tired of reading this stuff and responding that you feel like giving up trying?

I swing between being incredibly angry, feeling an overwhelming urge to go and educate people on the street, outside of pet shops and in schools and then Some times I just want to cry and give up shouting!

Does it get worse or more difficult the longer you do this welfare work? I have only been involved with rabbits and their welfare for 18 months but already it has taken over my life.

Its called head-brick-wall syndrome or HBWS! Most people in animal welfare suffer from it.

Its terminal too, no cure has yet been found. ;)

When they publish articles like this, are they actiallly expecting a postive response? i just cant understand why they would even publish such rubbish, and what does the article have to do with National Rabbit week, nothing!

I don't think that the editor can even have bothered to read the rubbish. Having done a search on the internet about this author, it appears that some of her other articles (she seems to be a regular contributor to the Herald) have met with a similar reaction. One comment I read about another piece she had cobbled together said words to the effect of 'I am glad I don't pay for this rubbish'.

Says it all really. She sounds like some bored upper middle class housewife who wants to be able to say she is a writer. From one of the other articles she wrote about her kids, they seem to be spoiled brats who run riot and get what ever she thinks they want. Seems to fit in with the sort of people who indulge their kids at the garden centre on a Sunday; buying them a rabbit and starter kit just to shut them up.

MMm. I wonder if she cares about the comments that she has received about her article or if it will go right over her head.

Hunnybun

Do you ever get so tired of reading this stuff and responding that you feel like giving up trying?

I swing between being incredibly angry, feeling an overwhelming urge to go and educate people on the street, outside of pet shops and in schools and then Some times I just want to cry and give up shouting!

Does it get worse or more difficult the longer you do this welfare work? I have only been involved with rabbits and their welfare for 18 months but already it has taken over my life.

I Get tired it of happening but don’t get tired of trying to improve things, I was very angry with the article but I tried to respond in a more constructive way! Sadly these sorts of thing will continue no matter what we do, but I have the knowledge that I myself have improved the lives of a huge amount of rabbits and educated their owners on how to take care of their rabbit properly, it is only a drop in the ocean but still a worthwhile drop and there are lots more like me so it’s more a big splash really . All we can do is keep at it!

I dont feel any better

I posted and suggested she just shouldnt be employed - hell I wanted to be irrational and reactive :censored:

Back