• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

baytril in water dish..wot? please help!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
i had to see a locum vet and he decided bif needed antibiotics..for an upset tum..no more uspet than usual..two largish soft poos thats all but when he turned her over she did pong and there was old dried poo he said..um no she just did that on the table actually!! and he thought antibiotics would help..um how..but i couldnt make myself understood very well...why do some vets get so narky when you question why?:censored:
i am really ill i had to ring the docs for myself when we got back..i was so feverish in the vets..i had nikki in the wheelchair holding bif in a cat carier inc ase i blacked out and dropped her in the taxi or getting in and out the taxi and at vets..i felt such a twit.

he gave bif baytril..hardly anything and said to give her 0.4ml twice a day in her water...he kept going on about not having the right antibiotics there and then did that..i wonder if the strength is diff ut hes told me to put it in her water bowl:shock:
i was fuming but then maybe he was trying to say syringing her owuld be too stressful right now.
her tum was slowing down suddenly so he gave her metaclop jab and an appetite encouraging jab and a mites jab..poor sweetheart shes a pincushion:(

he gave me xeno 450 and said to use it as per box in a weeks time to avoid her coming for mite jab again. i thought he was a twit but he was worried about her slobbering all over the place with fear..she was soaked...
so maybe he was trying to be helpful to her doing this.

i miss petra sooo much..and rob well hes with petra so no choice..
he was kind enough and bif wasnt too terrified of him..she hates men all men..always has since i got her from the rescue.

i have stopped her bio lapis tonite will give it in the morning as shes got baytril in her water..might taste worse! i havent gt anything to flavour her water with and im too ill to leave the house but i got an asda order coming thursday so ill add pineapple juice then.

the meds have bucked her up..she was trashing the carboard boxhouse bed and rearranging her blanckets and toy lamb..bless her.

i may be jinxing it but since i cleaned up after she went upstairs to live..theres less weees everywhere from bertie and bandit! how weird..

shes got a nightlight..nikkis breathing and snoring..the tv for a while till it switches off...the doors open so she can hear andsmell the household..esp the cats poo:shock::lol:

she let me stroke her this morning as i changed her water..she was all bright yed andbushy tailed....not hunched up and shaking like she was,,the vets did that much to her..but she was kinda like it before too....

poor sweetheart...
shes got the cats if shes bored too much..salem wont neglect his "mummy" he purrs and rubs up against her thru the bars..pats her ears and then kisses her on the nose..the usual greeting...:lol:

ah well i give up..i shouldnt have taken her ill like iwas but she needed help more..now were both on meds..pmsl

me i got a nasty high up almost urinary tract infection..on way to kidney..left hand side is killing me..feversih..etc and cant move far..in pain all the time and weeing all the time and drinking water like a horse..

i bet she gets better before i do..she gets nursing and tlc..i get to poop scoop!:rolleyes::lol::lol:

Well, I hope you both feel better. I'm not greatly experienced in rabbit behaviour but when Molly was a bit snotty I had to put baytril in the water, just a low dose. I think because it was a small amount it would have been difficult to syringe correctly and was given more as a precautionary measure incase it developed into anything more severe.

Faline was also given a course of baytril when she had stasis. I *think* it's to try and offset any infections it might cause?

Back