• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions please

susiemae

Mama Doe
Hi. Im sorting out Domino's housing for when he goes outdoors. Ive got a 4 x 4 playhouse and am going to attach a permanent run. This run is obviously going to have to be static as its attached to the playhouse. Not sure if anyone remembers but Domino has deformed front feet and he has to be kept off hard surfaces. So initially I was going to put the run on grass, but Im not sure about accumulation of poo etc, how difficult it is to keep clean/also if it gets overly muddy especially when we get loads of rain etc. So as concrete/paving is out, I was thinking about those rubber tiles, like they have in playgrounds etc. One place Ive seen on the net also supplies them for stable floors so Im assuming they're fairly "animal friendly". My other line of thought was maybe putting sand down - or a combination of 2 or all 3 (tiles,sand & grass).

I would be interested to know what you guys think. Thanks:wave:

I have a permanant run on grass attached to my playhouse. I put a litter tray inside an put some droppings in it. Thumper started to use the tray straight away Black jack sometimes uses the floor but neither buns leave a mess outside! I have only ocasionaly had to clean bunny balls out from the run. the only time was when introducing black jack and the 2 runs were side by side. easy to clean up when dry or only slightly damp bit of a pig when it gets too wet. If your bun likes to do his business outside a cover for the rain will help to make it easer to clean.

I have rubber stable matting down has one of my buns as sore hocks.Its is brilliant,so easy to clean and doesn,t hold rain water:D

Back