• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do people think . . .

vikkia1234

Warren Scout
Why do people think rabbits are boring animals that dont do anything other than sleep and eat an pee anywhere! If i ever talk about my bun people give me this look like im some crazy women!

Those type of people usually stick the knife in deeper and make a rabbit pie joke!:evil: People are ignorant, yet expect us to hear about what their kids or fancy pedigree dog has done.:rolleyes: Ignore them!;)

I know what you mean :evil: I'm sick of these type of people..
I mean if the poor rabbit is shoved in a tiny hutch of course he'll do nothing else than lie there, poor thing has no choice :cry:

Because all they've ever seen is a single bunny locked in a tiny hutch with no freedom or stimulation. And they don't seem to think that perhaps ANY animal locked in a little coffin of a box is going to be "boring" and bored and depressed!

I dont talk alot about my rabbits at my new job, I always did at the last place and they all thought i was mad, My new job know i have bunnies as i have mentioned them but i try not to talk to much, i save it all for here:D

I dont talk alot about my rabbits at my new job, I always did at the last place and they all thought i was mad, My new job know i have bunnies as i have mentioned them but i try not to talk to much, i save it all for here:D

hummm i think thats the way forward! Just annoys me that people have no idea how much character rabbits have and that they think your stupid for getting excited over a rabbit!

Yes the people I work with know I have bunnies but pressume they are my sons. I don't say anything different as I can't be bothered to go into arguments over the buns.

As long as I know they are mine, are loved and i can come on here and talk about them thats fine with me.:D:D

Why do people think rabbits are boring animals that dont do anything other than sleep and eat an pee anywhere! If i ever talk about my bun people give me this look like im some crazy women!

they probably met my lazy demon Alvin :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm lucky, the lady I work with has a cat and til recently had a hamster. We compare animal stories over coffee. When the buns have been in for neutering, she buys me a cake to have with my coffee to take my mind off it! When her hammy took ill, we were texting back and forwards. But then I work in Social Work so they are supposed to be thoughtful and non-judgemental!! :lol::lol::lol:

I know exactly what you mean. I have a friend who thought that rabbits were pointless pets and couldnt understand why I liked them so much untill she saw them having their mad half hour one day and missy was found on the top shelf in a canvas wardrobe :shock:

She sat and watched them for hours so she now understands why I like them so much but she still wouldnt have one herself.

We findthis quite a bit with the boarders. You get mum and dad come with the kds to drop the buns off, or sometimes just 2 adults. The adult woman is usually cooing over rabbit, doing the "Mummy loves you, see you soon,be a good boy" routine, that we all do ( we do dont' we:D) and is sometimes even in tears at the thought of being parted with her bun for a week, kissing bun goodbye etc and the guy .......... well he is stood by the door totally embarrassed by her behaviour, saying it's only a :censored: rabbit etc , all it ever does is poop everywhere and telling her she can call me and say goodnight if she gets in the ruddy car so they dont miss their plane because of the *beep beep rabbit

Having said that we've had a few guys to that are gooey over the buns:D

We findthis quite a bit with the boarders. You get mum and dad come with the kds to drop the buns off, or sometimes just 2 adults. The adult woman is usually cooing over rabbit, doing the "Mummy loves you, see you soon,be a good boy" routine, that we all do ( we do dont' we:D) and is sometimes even in tears at the thought of being parted with her bun for a week, kissing bun goodbye etc and the guy .......... well he is stood by the door totally embarrassed by her behaviour, saying it's only a :censored: rabbit etc , all it ever does is poop everywhere and telling her she can call me and say goodnight if she gets in the ruddy car so they dont miss their plane because of the *beep beep rabbit

Having said that we've had a few guys to that are gooey over the buns:D

:lol::lol::lol::lol: ha ha love it! So so true!

oh I am SO fed up with the "you should have called 'it' Stu" jokes... yes, very good, people make pies out of my pet... how original :roll:

I muyst admit when i was a kid I assumed rabbits just sat in a hutch all day and were very dull. that's because the only rabbit i'd seen lived liket hat. looking back I realise this poor bun had a hutch WAY too small (He was a REW but Dutch sized, in what must have been a 3ft hutch and he never got out) and was probably bored to bunny tears.

people think rabbits are dull because theyve never met one who's in his element - free roaming, hvaing cuddles, even playing games. If they had they'd realise what charming little fellas buns really are :love:

i had a 'tesco' delivery yesterday and it was a relief driver. he saw all my buns and asked if i was a breeder cos he wanted to get a rabbit for his kid!! :evil: i then went into great depth about the terrible breeders around here and that he should try the rspca. i told him all about how they should live and that they should have toys , etc, etc. when i went on to tell him all about my bun who lives in the house at the mo he just looked at me as tho i was totally mad, whilst backing off trying to get away! as he went out of my gate, i even shouted out to him to phone the rescue centre first and not to dare go to a pet shop!!! he will hopefully remember me and take some of the things i said on board but he really did think i was a mad-woman!

i had a 'tesco' delivery yesterday and it was a relief driver. he saw all my buns and asked if i was a breeder cos he wanted to get a rabbit for his kid!! :evil: i then went into great depth about the terrible breeders around here and that he should try the rspca. i told him all about how they should live and that they should have toys , etc, etc. when i went on to tell him all about my bun who lives in the house at the mo he just looked at me as tho i was totally mad, whilst backing off trying to get away! as he went out of my gate, i even shouted out to him to phone the rescue centre first and not to dare go to a pet shop!!! he will hopefully remember me and take some of the things i said on board but he really did think i was a mad-woman!

:lol::lol: i have an image of you chasing him down the street, wunder if you get any more deliveries... :lol::lol:

oh I am SO fed up with the "you should have called 'it' Stu" jokes... yes, very good, people make pies out of my pet... how original :roll:

I muyst admit when i was a kid I assumed rabbits just sat in a hutch all day and were very dull. that's because the only rabbit i'd seen lived liket hat. looking back I realise this poor bun had a hutch WAY too small (He was a REW but Dutch sized, in what must have been a 3ft hutch and he never got out) and was probably bored to bunny tears.

people think rabbits are dull because theyve never met one who's in his element - free roaming, hvaing cuddles, even playing games. If they had they'd realise what charming little fellas buns really are :love:

I had a bun when i was young, i dont rememeber much about it but i remember it being in a very small hutch and i dont remeber having much interaction with it at all! Its really sad but you just dont realise these things when your a kid, i feel bad enough now leaving Guinness on his own whilst im at work!

Back