• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit thefts.... how depressing. :-(

:shock: :(

Luckily if anyone did manage to get into my garden, they wouldnt be able to get back out with a rabbit because they would need to go back over two high locked gates and a high fence

I've put luggage locks on all my outdoor hutches, so I dont have loads of keys to fiddle with. Its not the safest security, but hopefully enough to put someone off. I do feel much safer now my own 2 boys are in the house, but when they go into sheds, I'll definately up the security. Its bad enough worrying about foxes but extra depressing that you have to think about mindless thieves.:(

Last edited:
Our garden is quite secure but I think if some sick :censored:wanted to get in they could :(..
We've swapped bedrooms with our daughter she now has the master bedroom(shes 11) and we have the tiny room of the house, we were quite happy to swap because now we can hear any noise from our back garden.....

Just a thought - there have been plenty of posts on here about rabbits in terrible conditions and people wanting to steal them and rescue them - its not some do-gooder doing the same???

I remember an article in ym local paper many many years ago, about someone that broke into a girls back garden and killed all her rabbits by stabbing them in the neck with screwdrivers and pulling their heads off :censored: :censored: They then elft the remains all over the garden for her to find. Its haunted me ever since - there are some sick people out there.

Just a thought - there have been plenty of posts on here about rabbits in terrible conditions and people wanting to steal them and rescue them - its not some do-gooder doing the same???

I remember an article in ym local paper many many years ago, about someone that broke into a girls back garden and killed all her rabbits by stabbing them in the neck with screwdrivers and pulling their heads off :censored: :censored: They then elft the remains all over the garden for her to find. Its haunted me ever since - there are some sick people out there.

Im haunted now:(

with so many needing homes why steal bunnies??? so glad my babies are indoors in never sleep otherwise

My shed is alarmed, as soon as the door is opened the alarm would go off outside (box under my bedroom window), and also it would sound inside the house!
Extreme some people might say, but nobody is nicking my bunnies! :rolleyes:

My shed is alarmed, as soon as the door is opened the alarm would go off outside (box under my bedroom window), and also it would sound inside the house!
Extreme some people might say, but nobody is nicking my bunnies! :rolleyes:

that is fantastic :) if mine ever went outside id deffo alarm too, dont trust the kids round ere :evil:

that is fantastic :) if mine ever went outside id deffo alarm too, dont trust the kids round ere :evil:

Our shed was broken into before we had Liam and Mishka (then they arrived and took it over :rolleyes:), but i never thought to protect it with an alarm then, even though we had valuable stuff in there. But as soon as the bunnies went in i had the alarm idea and hubby set it all up straight away (bless him :D)

I can sleep soundly at night now, instead of worrying. :)

My Garden gate has a padlock and so does the hutch, but I'm gonna get an alarm too. My hubby will think I am crazy but don't really care!

My Garden gate has a padlock and so does the hutch, but I'm gonna get an alarm too. My hubby will think I am crazy but don't really care!

My hubby thought i was potty :rolleyes::lol: but he soon came around to my way way of thinking :rolleyes: they are part of my family and i do whatever i can to keep them safe. :)

They are my babies! :love::love:

i worry when im at work that someone will break into my house, id need a weblink to the buns as well as an alarm if they lived outside and ste wouldnt dare say im crazy lol.... i just cant beleieve people are so evil as to steal a much loved pet :shock::shock:

:censored: thats sooooo sick...how on earth can they live with themselves who evers doing this..:censored:

oh yeah i forgot....no feelings...souless walking filthbags:censored:

nobody stealing my bunnies got to german shepard girlies that will have something to say about it!!!!!!!!!:lol::D

Distugusting how ppl have to protect thier FURRY FAMILY MEMBERS from this.
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

I have heard horrid stories about garden bunnies being mutilated and left for the owners to find. There was that one a few weeks ago where the poor bunny was burned alive :cry::cry::cry:

There are some very deranged people about.

Back