• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do with Bobby?

What to do?

• Try Bobby as a pair with Lexie

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Try bonding Bobby into a foursome

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Try bonding Bobby with Scout to make two pairs

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
I need to try and decide what I am goign to do with Bobby in the next few weeks. These are my main options:

I could try to bond Bobby with Lexie and have an indoor pair and a single (Maverick who was Lex's intended). However they have made it quite clear they dont think much of each other. If it was just Bobby being aggressive I would not mind as he has no teeth so cannot bite but Lexie is retaliating and has bitten other bunnies before now.

I could bond Bobby into my trio and have a 3:1 male to female foursome. The current dominant rabbit is my mini-lop Fiver. Bobby will most certainly challenge him. I also have the added problem that Fiver needs to gain weight and is being removed from the group twice daily for extra feeds. He has tooth problems and eats slower than the others. This option means he has an extra mouth to contend with.

I could split the trio and leave Marley & Fiver together allowing Fiver more chance to eat and try to bond Bobby with Scout leaving me with two outside pairs. I could however potentially end up with four single rabbits if Scout wont bond with Bobby and if she then cant bond back wth the boys.

Also will the boys pine if I remove Scout and will it upset their bond at all?

Getting another rabbit is not an option.

Why not just try all options and see which he prefers.

Bessie and Samson say hello:wave: They are very naughty buns Samson as now decided he likes to bite me at the same time as Bessie, I am covered in bites:lol: :roll:

Could you try to bond him in a foursome and see who he gets on with, then if the foursome doesn't work you could try bonding him and the bun he got on with the best?

Could you try to bond him in a foursome and see who he gets on with, then if the foursome doesn't work you could try bonding him and the bun he got on with the best?

YEAH I CAN TRY THAT, ITS JUST FIVER AND MARLEY ARE CLOSEST IN THE TRIO.

He does seem much better today, more interested in his surroundings and he has stopped looking for Pippa at last.

Back