PDA

View Full Version : Very Depressed Bunny (SIMBA)

kayj
22-01-2008, 12:12 PM
Simba lost his friend yesterday (Lucy):cry: and after being so Happy for 22 days with her after him losing his other partners he as gone back to being depressed and sitting with his face in a corner. He keeps running around looking for her then goes into his hutch and turns his back on us.

SOAD
22-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Awwwwwwww Kay :cry:

bunlover
what happened to lucy, was he able to see her body before she was removed? i think give him time and cuddles and dont rush him into a new freind but do so gently in the future maybe a cuddly toy for now as a comforter.

Happy Hopping
Go to the closest rescue center and get him a new female partner, that way, you can keep up his spirit

SOAD
22-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Go to the closest rescue center and get him a new female partner, that way, you can keep up his spirit

Kay is a rescue centre :lol:, keep with the program :lol:

bunlover
22-01-2008, 12:22 PM
Kay is a rescue centre :lol:, keep with the program :lol:

lol oh i didnt notice that either!!!! lol

SOAD
22-01-2008, 12:24 PM
lol oh i didnt notice that either!!!! lol

:oops:sorry, yes she runs a very fab one in Bolton. :D

kayj
22-01-2008, 12:26 PM
The only thing is with Simba is that he won't live with a normal size bun, he is frightened of them. I tried him when he lost is other partners with all my lady rescues and he just did a runner. His other partners have all been French Lops and when I got Lucy (French Lop) he just went straight over to her and snuggled up with her. I have got a large dwarf lop in that I am going to try him with but she was only spayed yesterday so I will just give her a couple of days to come round a bit befor I try them. If not I will have to be on the look out for an adult French Lop.

bunlover
22-01-2008, 12:31 PM
just looked on site aw bless little simba hope he is happy soon lots of cuddles his way x

Mad Bunster
22-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Kay,
Alibenmummy posted this last week about two giants wanted rid of in a shop in Morecambe...

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=113591

as far as I know they're still there.... could be an idea? It will save these buns and hopefully be two new friends for Simba?

Sooz
22-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Poor Simba. I hope you can find a suitably sized friend for him soon. I have a depressed little Bobby here but everytime Lexie goes to see him he tries to box her through the cage bars and she returns the favour :?

kayj
22-01-2008, 02:19 PM
Simba hasn't got an agressive bone in his body. He just wants somebody to snuggle up to.

Sooz
22-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Simba hasn't got an agressive bone in his body. He just wants somebody to snuggle up to.

Bless him. :(

I had a hard time bonding Bobby first time round, I am not looking forward to doing it again.

kayj
23-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Well I tried Simba with the large dwarf lop that I have in rescue and completely out of character for him, he went for her then ran off looking for Lucy. Looks like I will be adopting a french lop from somewhere (what a shame;)
If anyone knows of a french lop around 3yrs of age who wants a forever home then please let me know.

kayjay
23-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Sending hugs to you and Simba, Kay, I hope you find him a lovely new girly bun soon xx

kayj
23-01-2008, 12:12 PM
:Dme too:D I have Simba well trained don't you think:lol::lol: it means I can get another Giant:lol: