• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Sarabi' is now a nameless male (now called ZAZU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took her/him to the vets today for the free health check, and found out Sarabi is actually male. He is now nameless and I dont know what to do.
Carys is telling me I will still be able to bond him to Kovu once hes castrated, but how? Wont they fight?

Last edited:
oh dear..
yes 2 males can be bonded but can be more difficult than a male/female pair...depends on the rabbits...

Hello, no once they are both castrated it should just be like a normal bond. I've got two boys living together. There was not really any more trouble between them than with them and Roxy. There are a few people with two boys together. Don't worry, give it a try thats all I can say. In fact some people say its easier as girls are more territorial.

p.s Roxy grew up as Roger ;)

It might be possible. Worth trying seeing as you already have him now- if it doesn't work you could find him a nice home and adopt a female.

I have 2 boys together Donkey and Bobby. I think a male and male will be easier as you dont have a female bunny in the vacinity to cause any problems with regards to competition. When I bonded my 4 (2 of each sex) the boys were by far the easiest to bond :D

If you get your boy neutered and things dont work out I am sure as he will be vaccinated and neutered a rescue would take him in if you had a female from them :D

Hello, no once they are both castrated it should just be like a normal bond. I've got two boys living together. There was not really any more trouble between them than with them and Roxy. There are a few people with two boys together. Don't worry, give it a try thats all I can say. In fact some people say its easier as girls are more territorial.

p.s Roxy grew up as Roger ;)

Yep I agree I know Tree says males are much easier than females in her experience :)

If you get your boy neutered and things dont work out I am sure as he will be vaccinated and neutered a rescue would take him in if you had a female from them :D

But I dont wanna pay for that then just get rid. If I'm going to rehome him I'd rather do it before spending too much on him. My vet funds are very very limited so I wouldnt wanna use money up unncessarily.

I'm going to see if I get anymore replys though and decide from there. Hes still booked in for his vaccinations on 5th Feb at the moment though.

But I dont wanna pay for that then just get rid. If I'm going to rehome him I'd rather do it before spending too much on him. My vet funds are very very limited so I wouldnt wanna use money up unncessarily.

I'm going to see if I get anymore replys though and decide from there. Hes still booked in for his vaccinations on 5th Feb at the moment though.

Yes but what I am saying is if you do get him neutered and vaccs you could take a neutered and vaccs female in his place IF things didnt work out.

Well it depends on what is more important money or the bunnies, there was always this risk that this could happen, after my experience and the bunnies Tree has taken in she has had to deal with so many mis sexed bunnies its unreal. She even has peopel saying I have a grey lop female, Tree gets there its a black nethie male :roll: Its just the way it goes :rolleyes:

Yeah I know it was the risk but she seemed so sure, guess she just hadnt sexed him recetly.
Need to name him really, cant keep calling him 'him' or 'it'.

You should be able to get two males together, may take a bit longer but it is possible. There are many people on here with male pairs.
As for names - and assuming you want to stick with the Lion King type theme. What about Ahadi (Mufasa and Scar's father) or Taka - which is Scar's proper name. The two male Hyenas are Banzai and Ed. Otherwise what about a name that means lion - look on www.babynamesworld.com and search by meaning - there are loads.

I've biys together, in fact I al;ways find them easier to bond, it's girls I have trouble with :lol::lol:

Like his new name..and as already said you can bond boys but sometimes can be more difficult..sometimes if both are laid back can be easy...

As for the worry about spending your money if having to give him up..
that's pets for you....either of your bunnies..or your other pets could suddenly need vet treatment..

and dare I say perhaps you should have checked the sex when you picked "her" up....

Not trying to be nasty here but perhaps it's a good warning to other people to double check when taking in an unknown bunster..

lets hope your boys end up best of friends!:D Maybe a rescue near you will bond them for a small donation..takes the worry from you...?

When I colelcted him though it was literally frm a box in the back of a car from the woman, couldnt of checked there and then! Plus Id rather have him at home in mine than in a small cage. Would you rather I had just let him go back into that?
I know you would of rathered I'd had one of your rabbits Jill.

And Carys is going to help me bomd them :)

When I colelcted him though it was literally frm a box in the back of a car from the woman, couldnt of checked there and then! Plus Id rather have him at home in mine than in a small cage. Would you rather I had just let him go back into that?
I know you would of rathered I'd had one of your rabbits Jill.

And Carys is going to help me bomd them :)

Actually Debbie no I wouldn't rather you had one of mine at the moment..as you said yourself you failed the homecheck..

and a rescue bun is a rescue bun...yes this one needed out and you got him..
I was just making sure other people check so don't end up in your dilemma.
I really hope your two bond and live happily in your new shed:D
And well done carys for helping you to bond them..good luck!

Im glad I failed the homecheck as it meant I could go on to find this beautiful boy. Anyway, I'd rather rescue from the freeads as they need rescuing now, whereas rescue rabbits are already safe so what would be the point in prioritisng them?

It isnt a dilemma anyway, I'm much positive about it all after reading the helpful replies I had.
And Carys was always going to assist me with the bonding away, had he been male or female!

Good..all's well then..

and don't be so defensive..you posted this as a problem..
I commented to help other people not take on a mis sexed bun and ..you then made the comment about not having one of our bunnies...
I really didn't mean to cause you any upset and do hope your 2 get on well..

so no need to see trouble where there isn't any???:D

Since when was there a problem? I was being defensive, just saying the truth. In my point of view, rabbits in rescue are already safe, they dont need rehoming as they're already in a safe home where they will be looked after. Whereas animals on free ads usually arent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back