• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What are your buns fave veg/fruit?

brightspark19

Warren Scout
I just thought i would see what everyones buns are feeding on in the way of veg or fruit. Do any of your buns like particular things or have a strange taste for a veg the shouldnt like? Or is there a fruit they really shouldnt have?

Just thought i'd see what you guys are feeding so i can introduce my buns to some new stuff.

Peanuts favorite is curly kale, Jelly goes mad for broccoli, but funnily enough not frsh green stuff, my mum had one the other day that has gone kinda pale n almost brown and she ripped it out my hand lol (dw it wasnt mouldy!)

i found domino loves brussels but pebbles will eat anything

also....peanut willg o INSANE for a bit of dried apple. i buy him humdingers apple crisps cus they healthy and natural and he is adorable when he eats them!

All of mine will do anything for kurly kale, i buy it fresh from the market and i get so much for about £2 its unbelievable.

Garnet though is absolutely mad about pear although it is very sugary looking and i only give it to her once a week in small proportions.

Ive never tried those apple crisps, ill buy some at the weekend.

Mine have sprouts, parsnip, cucumber, celery, spring greens, peppers, carrot tops and peal, curly kale, cherry toms, broccoli and cauliflower.

Then they have dried banana as a treat and the occassional bit of apple.

tried to give them a pea pod each but they turned their noses up, which is ok as they are quite sweet

Helen x

Both my girls LOVE LOVE LOVE cilantro and broccoli. The enjoy carrots, but prefer the tops to the carrot itself.

If I give them bananas they will love me for the rest of the day. They seem to like the peel more than the banana itself.

They also get an assortment of peppers, dark leafy greens and asparagus. They like all these, but the above are their favorites.

Ant's favourite is, without doubt, tomato! Hoops will eat pretty much everything. Sienna just likes FOOD! Trix seems to only like green leafy things atm - not interested in carrot even!

Both my girls LOVE LOVE LOVE cilantro and broccoli. The enjoy carrots, but prefer the tops to the carrot itself.

If I give them bananas they will love me for the rest of the day. They seem to like the peel more than the banana itself.

They also get an assortment of peppers, dark leafy greens and asparagus. They like all these, but the above are their favorites.

Whats cilantro? never heard of it

Alvin loves parsley and carrot greens. the other stuff he munches happily but those two he picks first off the plate... Apple, grapes, pineapple all get greedily snatched from my hands... much to my disgust hes a junk food addict too cus ste sometimes gives him a tiny piece of pizza crust!!!!!

pearl i dont know yet, she seems quite keen on romaine lettuce right now

Curley kale and mint are their favourite healthy choices. They love banana and dried papaya, but the overall winner has to be raisins. They recognise the sound of the box rattling and go into a frenzy!!

Are bunnies allowed banana skin?? Our guinea pig girls love it, but have never read anything about giving the skin to buns.

I started giving it to them when my lab animal instructor told me that was her buns' favorite. It has not caused them any problems, and they love it!

Ours go mad for curly Kale & Broccoli but they always seem to know when it treat day and dont touch the veg, they just wait in a frenzy for there custard cream biscuits and grab one each before heading in opposite directions to scoff them :D This may sound a lot of buscuit but they are a lot of rabbit! Holly is almost 2ft long. Holly also goes mad for Cadbury's snaps (those chocolatey pringle shaped things) she must know the box cos she is there like a flash when we get them out.

Ours go mad for curly Kale & Broccoli but they always seem to know when it treat day and dont touch the veg, they just wait in a frenzy for there custard cream biscuits and grab one each before heading in opposite directions to scoff them :D This may sound a lot of buscuit but they are a lot of rabbit! Holly is almost 2ft long. Holly also goes mad for Cadbury's snaps (those chocolatey pringle shaped things) she must know the box cos she is there like a flash when we get them out.

I think chocolate is poisonous to most animals, so I'd be careful about that.

Faline is greedy and has no prefference on anything, though she loves craisins, as they all do. For treats I give them a little bit of melba toast and she goes crazy for that too. They all love apple and will try and maul us if we're eating one.

Molly likes carrot tops best, they all love spring greens and Mina has found a strong love of chinese leaf. :lol:

rocket is a particular favorite at the moment, kale also goes down well. Spring greens are ok if theres nothing else left!
I have to cut sprouts up otherwise they wont touch them!!
Otherthings that go down well are parsley and mint.

Quick question- if you feed cauli- is it just the leaves you feed or the white part also?

Back