• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could someone measure a nethie for me

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
I'm just writing to tesco to tell them what I think of their rabbit hutches and I'd really like the measurements of a nethie or other v small bunny to demonstrate that their cages are not even suitable for tiny buns. does anyone have a rough measurement of a nethie from end to end when streched out? Both my buns are on the large side. :lol:

thanks

Dandy is a very small rabbit and he is 36cm when he stretches out

:oops:i just went and measured him with a tape measure. he game me a very strange look

Last edited:
Comet is sitting on my knee, and from nose to tail, is taking up a good 9 inches, and you dont get much smaller than Comet.

Oh thats about 23/24 cm, but I'm hoping he'll grow a bit more.... but a cage with enough room to stretch out and move would be nice!

Last edited:
Even without taking their stretched measurements into account, I actually find my smaller buns need at least as much space than the bigger ones as they tend to be more boisterous and active.

rose is about 30 cm when completely flopped out in the "watching tv like a hooooman" position. She is a 1 kg nethie.

Back