• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bournville

capel

Warren Veteran
Vibes please something not right..very quiet, refused his veg 10 mins ago..seems flat and not wanting to move. Will try infacol and tummy rubs if no improvement in 30 mins will take him up to vet

I didn't bother with the infacol and 30 minute wait, phoned the vet and was told to take him straight up. He was given a thorough examination and though his stomach felt very full there were no ominous bowel sounds, so he's had a gut stimulant and I've had to bring him in to monitor his behaviour. They've given him a provisional appointment for 5.50 and if there's been no significant improvement or poos etc by then he'll be admitted for an Xray to rule out a blockage. He's just sitting very quietly in his litter tray. Poor Floss is outside going quite frantic trying to find him, but they've got to be kept apart so that I know if he's weeing, pooing etc. I've got to nip out to the bank and will update when I get back. Thanks for your thoughts.

When I came back there were a couple of very healthy poos in the litter tray and he was nibbling on some hay, so I've put him back in the hutch with Floss. You should have seen her when she saw him. She must have spent 5 minutes grooming all round his nose and ears:)..She very rarely grooms him, so she must have been so happy to see him. I'm keeping an eye on him for the rest of the afternoon, but hopefully he's ok now.

When I came back there were a couple of very healthy poos in the litter tray and he was nibbling on some hay, so I've put him back in the hutch with Floss. You should have seen her when she saw him. She must have spent 5 minutes grooming all round his nose and ears:)..She very rarely grooms him, so she must have been so happy to see him. I'm keeping an eye on him for the rest of the afternoon, but hopefully he's ok now.

:love: Aww bless her, so pleased he is doing good

You should have seen her when she saw him. She must have spent 5 minutes grooming all round his nose and ears..She very rarely grooms him, so she must have been so happy to see him.

Awww thats so sweet! :love: Phew glad hes ok Hilda.

Do your rabbits like scarying you or what? :rolleyes::lol:

Back