• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hassle free bonding?

IzzyTwig

Alpha Buck
I've collected Nuggette's husbun Otis today and introduced them for the first time, they won't be able to live together yet until Otis has been fixed, just play under supervision.

First impression from Nuggette - "More hay, I like"
First impression from Otis - "New everything, confused"

Eventually they started sniffing each other, Nuggette then gave him a quick hump and now Otis is no longer bewildered by the new environment and quite happily hopping about with Nuggette, munching hay, sniffing everything, usual bunny stuff.

So it looks like the hard work is over, they're acting like litter mates. I'll keep an eye on them to make sure neither turns.

Otis is a blue standard rex, and the same age as Nuggette (standard orange rex) though quite a bit bigger. I'll get pictures when I can.

Really hope your girlie has been spayed because even under supervision your boy could quickly and easily get her pregnant!

At 8 and half weeks old they aren't capable of breeding yet, plus this is the inital introduction to make sure they didn't hate each other. They're now living in separate homes to prevent any accidents as I know successful copulation only takes a few seconds. He will be castrated asap, his plums are already starting to drop, so not long. Even so there's still the month or so to make sure he's no longer fertile before they can actually spend time together.

I forgot to mention supervised playtime also involves two separate runs so they can talk to each other through the wire but not get the chance to hump each other.

I feel like I'm being lectured and told off :cry:

I forgot to mention supervised playtime also involves two separate runs so they can talk to each other through the wire but not get the chance to hump each other.

I feel like I'm being lectured and told off :cry:

But you said in your first post that Nuggette humped Otis so obviously they have been together :?

And as for them being too young to breed, stranger things have happened ;)

People on here are very concerned for rabbits welfare and making sure no accidental litters occur, so people aren't getting at you they just think you're taking a risk and are trying to advise you. :D

Back