• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Went into pets at home last weekend to get a couple of things, and went in again yesterday just to have a look, the same bunnies were in shop :cry: their is a giant who is getting quite big now :shock: and their is two agouti??? wild looking rabbits who are getting quite big too, they were grooming each other etc looked lovely, then their was another two that were still their, then two new buns who were just in i think. Then i noticed a sign " two rabbits for £36, rabbits prefer to be in pairs" :shock::shock::shock::shock: so we all know what is going to happen, buy 2 rabbits,, they breed.... etc................:cry::cry::cry: i just hope if people buy two they put them in to be neutered/spayed asap!.

Has anyone elses P@H have this? as its new in the one beside me.

Feel so sorry for the buns though....they have been in for over a week..i cant see them keeping them much longer :(

Nope... I haven't seen this YET!

I went into Pets at Home today, they had a flood yesterday night... The buns had been put in a glass enclosures with open roofs, and the Guinea Pigs had been too- I think they had been seperated into male and female!
The bottoms of the enclosures had been covered in Woodshavings to soak up water!

Then- I saw this employee come over and go into the bunny pen, she tried to catch this little Dutch bunny. She picked it up and stroked it a few times...
She them showed this family- I overheard the family saying they wanted a rabbit that is used to being handled... i didnt hear the rest...

Most of the people who work there don't know a thing about animals, one person asked about the Nuggets and when she should wean her bunny onto them...
The employee had to ask another member of staff, them they had to ask SOMEONE ELSE:censored:

HOW CAN THEY WORK IN A PET STORE, WHEN THEY DONT KNOW A TING ABOUT PETS!??

Nope... I haven't seen this YET!

I went into Pets at Home today, they had a flood yesterday night... The buns had been put in a glass enclosures with open roofs, and the Guinea Pigs had been too- I think they had been seperated into male and female!
The bottoms of the enclosures had been covered in Woodshavings to soak up water!

Then- I saw this employee come over and go into the bunny pen, she tried to catch this little Dutch bunny. She picked it up and stroked it a few times...
She them showed this family- I overheard the family saying they wanted a rabbit that is used to being handled... i didnt hear the rest...

Most of the people who work there don't know a thing about animals, one person asked about the Nuggets and when she should wean her bunny onto them...
The employee had to ask another member of staff, them they had to ask SOMEONE ELSE:censored:

HOW CAN THEY WORK IN A PET STORE, WHEN THEY DONT KNOW A TING ABOUT PETS!??

That is ridiculous!
I totally agree, they know nothing about them
Their was these two guys in buying two syrian hamsters and i was listening to what they were saying and the guys bought two but said their hamsters they have had previously died at an early age, then they asked about some medicine they had and if they could give it to hamsters, then they said they used to breed the old ones :shock:! i was speechless :shock:

Oh and i know syrins dont live together but i assume they were keeping them seperate :shock:

It really annoys me...
I could SHAKE some people and shout in their ear:

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO CARE FOR THEM SO DONT BUY THEM!!!!":censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

It really annoys me...
I could SHAKE some people and shout in their ear:

"YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO CARE FOR THEM SO DONT BUY THEM!!!!":censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

Thats exactly what i felt like saying. He should have read up about them first but obviously not :roll:

popped in there today and there was such a little cutie in the adoption centre x apparantly he was to big so no one bought him from the shop :cry: he was so beautiful and he wasn't that big at all :( x

I don't know about P@H but at the pet shop I work at we've had a rabbit that has been in there for two months. No-one wants him but we keep all the animals until they are sold. I realise that some pet shop workers don't know a thing about animals, and that's why I try and give as much advice as I can to new owners who come to buy the animals, so I feel I'm doing my bit to help.

what if nobody wants the bunnie does a member of staff take them on thats what our local pets corner does =) xx

what if nobody wants the bunnie does a member of staff take them on thats what our local pets corner does =) xx

Is that answering my reply? If after many months, like six, a staff member will take it on. I'm sure someone will take him. He is very sweet but he's black and his coat isn't too great (he's moulting!!).

awww bless him i'd nap him up like that :rolleyes: my best friend has a black bunny called Ebony she is the most beautifullest rabbit ever xx

I must say that the pets at home near me is ok... they don't have enough space, but the staff are extremely knowledgable...

x

Back