• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fab petshop *if there can be one lol*

Yesterday I went to a craft fair, at Fanborough airport -*hampshire somewhere* :lol: and anyways afterwards we went into the shopping centre and I spotted a big pet shop...
called pampurred pets *I think* I went in because the rat cage that I really want was up and so I went to look at it - and at first I thought they had no animals and I was like yippeeee :lol:

but my step dad pointed out there were some at the back - first thought was uh oh! :(
but I was really incredibly surprised - I have been to a fair few petshops and that was the BEST one ever for looking after their animals...
they had some lionheads in.
they were 3 in one enclosure and 2 in the other, they said they didnt normally have more than that in.
their enclosures were WONDERFUL! must have been about 5.5ft by 9ft each with a hutch in if they wanted to go into it... they were clean well fed, the enclosures were covered in straw with a MASSIVE amount of hay for them... the guinea pigs were no where near them, and all around they had the rspca guidelines for having pets....
They also had some gorgeous boy rats in, when I went back 15 mins later to say gooodbye they had all been sold - together! :D
and I did say to the manager that I thought they were doing an awesome job nothing like p@h ... and she said she never ever wanted that place to ever become anything like a p@h.

So there are some good petshops out there! :D

Aww... Good that they were looking after their animals...
Have they god a website or anything like that?:rolleyes::roll:

The Pampurred Pets near me keeps their rats on wood pellets, their rabbits in the 3' indoor cages (have seen some pairs and groups of 3), sold my mum some rats with sarcoptic mites (was a while ago, got them as a birthday present), and will sell to just about anyone - I was in there one day and they were in the middle of selling a rabbit to a guy who was getting it for his kid, who was showing no interest whatsoever in the rabbit (they'd put it on the floor for her to interact with and it'd hopped off up the aisle, they didn't bother coming to catch it as it hopped off round the corner so I had to spin it around and direct it back their way myself) :roll:
I've seen a lot worse but I've seen better too!

Is that the same Pampurred Pets as the one above?

If so... how can people be so evil and nasty?:evil::evil:

This one wasnt a chain store - so it defo wasnt that one....
they were extremley good in this one. - I think I might have got the name a bit wrong though but it was defo soemthing like that.

http://www.pampurredpets.com/ says there's one in Farnborough (same company as the one that's local to me)
To be fair, petshops can vary hugely from branch to branch due to the staff (wherever I've worked I've campaigned for bigger cages, suitable substrates, etc and managed to change some of it) but like all chain shops, any profit a 'good' branch makes goes to pay for the 'bad' branches to keep running (and for more branches to be built, each with the potential to be another 'bad' one)

oh ok....
true there are exceptions to every pet store I have even seen a few ok p@h :shock:.
but I was defo happy with this place - sorry you got such a sucky one by you.

up north :? I didnt go up north :lol: maybe it wasnt hampshire then maybe I am thinking of somewhere else :lol: failed geography I know it was near surrey thats about it :lol:

Back