• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A match made in heaven.... meet Flossie

Towsbuns

Mama Doe
Hi all - it's been a while since I have posted - been browsing at work a bit....
2007 was a bad year - I lost two buns, Honey in the summer then Azlan just before Christmas, this left Rupert, my lop acquired last year from Freecycle on his own - he was going stir crazy so I set about getting him a girlie - contacted a few rescues, all was set to visit a girlie today so yesterday I cleared an area in the garage set up a run in there ready for evening bonds this week, however, I got a mail last night to stay the lucky girlie was rehomed - so, last night I sent off several mails and collected details of several rescues around here ready for a Sunday of phone calls and bunny searching. I couldn't find a single neutered girlie, then I called RSPCA in Milton Keynes, this is where I had Honey from and they didn't used to neuter, they have changed their policy but only had one girlie in - she sounded lovely, they gave me a web address and she looked very gorgeous, so off we headed, me, my daughter and Rupert. They got on ok at the lady's house, came home in the same carrier and I have just spent two hours standing like a lemon in the shed watching two buns eye each up, then sit next to each other then groom each other - the easiest bond in the world (so far anyway).
This is Billy - now renamed as Florence (or Flossie for short) - dutch marked lionhead mixture - gorgeous or what :)
flossie.jpg

and a poor photo from my phone of them together
flossierupert.jpg

::THUD::

Flossie is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love::love: :love:

SO glad that5 Rupert has found himself a wife.....with a bit of help!!! :D :D

I always go for the quirky ones - those that are neither one thing or the other hold a great appeal. She is a poppet, a bit on the podgy side but we can sort that. This is the easiest bonding I have ever done, not even any bunny bouncing. They just love each other.

Awwwwwwww thats fab news I am sorry you lost 2 bunnies hun :cry:

Your new addition is stunning and so individual looking! How are the other buns doing?

Back