• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Urgent Please Help! U/D.. hes gone :'(

Vix

Alpha Buck
please can anybody help me or give me some advice :cry: My french lop was making loads of noise in the night scratching in the corner of his crate i thought nothing of it as hes quite often a noisy boy.

Anyway ive got up this morning and something really bad has happened to him, he seems like he doesnt know where he is and he cant walk properly and im not sure if he can even see, this is really serious but i dont know what has happened what can i do in the meantime, the emergency vets have an appointment at 11.40 "emergency" what a joke :evil:.

Ive placed him in his litter box so he doesnt hurt himself while hes wriggling arouind but what else can i do until vets? :cry::cry:

U/D Shortly after starting this thread my gorgeous boy passed away, I can't stop crying and am in shock. Can't believe i thought he was just being naughty again, ill never forgive myself for not realising sooner i just hope he wasn't in too much pain :cry::cry::cry:

Binky free Batfink xxx

Last edited:
Im so sorrry to hear your bun is unwell. Phone the emergency vets back up and say that he is very poorly, and you fear he may die if you dont get him there sooner...

Sending vibes

awww I cannot imagine how you feel,

try hard to stay calm, just speak to him in soothing tones, I tell my bunny stories when he is sad...

if you can, just stroke him, he can sense you are with him and he can feel if you are tense x

I know it's hard but stay calm and minutes seem like hours at the moment x x Just 'be' with him and that will help him

I do hope you get an answer it sounds so sad x

When one of my buns was ill I rang for an emergency appointment and they booked me in for a couple of hours later, :roll: I told them he was seriously ill and if they couldn't fit me in I'd go else where - funny how they can fit you in sooner if the risk of losing an emergency call in is there :roll: Hope you can get him in sooner as it does sound like he needs to see a vet asap. Please let us know how he gets on.

I am so sorry he is not well, I hope he is OK. I would only suggest lots of cuddles and talking to him until you can get him to the vet.

I'm so sorry. Please don't blame yourself bunnies can be so unpredictable you sought vet help as soon as you realised, you did all you could xx

i am so sorry for your loss - i lost my frenchie under GA last week and i know how you must be feeling. hugs to you at this awful time. x

Back