• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pippa's Gone :(

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Pippa, my 7 year old bunny died in the early hours of this morning :cry::cry:

We found her spread out in the litter tray with Bobby lying on top of her. It looks like she may well have been in liver failure after all. I got the feeling she wasn't right last night (well 1am) when she had her porridge, she less than usual and felt slightly floppy when I picked her up, like she was tired.

There was nothing I could put my finger on though, still toileting, not bloated, ate some Gingko leaves & hay, so I didnt waste any thought on it.

I doubt there was anything I could have done.

Bobby is absolutely distraught, he started looking for her the second I took her out of the cage and he is now lying on my lap, totally out of character as he hates to be handled. I have never seen rabbits bonded as closely as those two and I have no idea what Im going to do with him. He is not easy to bond. :(

So sorry - I was worried the same about MJ and him and my Pippa were very close and he'd had failed bondings before but I found him Opal and he's happy again, so hopefully Bobby will be the same. Maybe once they've had a close bond it's easier to bond again? Don't know, but we've not had a problem when I thought we would.

RIP Pippa xx

Back