• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry Needs Lots of Vibes Please :-( U/D 1750hrs- All Very 'Odd'

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Although Harry remains 'well within himself' his GI problems have got much worse. The world is falling out of his little bottom :cry:
We are still awaiting one more lab result but so far all faecal tests have come back clear. The odd thing is that Harry's guts are *worse* when he has probiotics :? Yet the one thing his faecal tests did show was that he lacks 'good' gut bacteria :?
I will speak with Christabel tomorrow about running some blood tests to see if they reveal anything useful. Meanwhile Harry will have some Questran today and I am stopping the probiotics for 24 hours.

Poor little Bun :cry:

Picture1924.jpg

Janex

Last edited:
Lots of get well 'solid' vibes coming your way. Poor little Harry. Somtimes I just wish they could tell us what they need. Would be so much easier!

Poor Harry. Lots of "solid" poops vibes on their way.

It is strange, when Homer had problems early last year his poops tests came back OK, we added probiotic into the water and it was worse too! He was then fine when we moved him to Bunny Basics T but I believe Harry is already on that.

I hope the little man gets better soon, he is lovely.:love:

Poor Harry. Lots of "solid" poops vibes on their way.

It is strange, when Homer had problems early last year his poops tests came back OK, we added probiotic into the water and it was worse too! He was then fine when we moved him to Bunny Basics T but I believe Harry is already on that.

I hope the little man gets better soon, he is lovely.:love:

Did Homer drink a lot more when on probiotics? Harry will drink up to 800ml if a p/b is in the water. Then he just passes a ton of soft poo and loads of mucus :cry:
But if he has no p/b in the water ( or any p/b at all) his drinking goes back to normal and his poos are better, not right, but better.

:?

Janex

Does the Probiotic taste of anything? I noticed when I gave him the Bio Lapis that he did not stop drinking until all the water in which it was dissolved, had gone. He was not quite so keen on normal water.
Is he eating more hay now?

Does the Probiotic taste of anything? I noticed when I gave him the Bio Lapis that he did not stop drinking until all the water in which it was dissolved, had gone. He was not quite so keen on normal water.
Is he eating more hay now?

He is eating more hay, yes.
It seems that when he drinks so much water he passes much more mucus.
He sprays it too...................:mrgreen:
He has passed much less squishy poo/mucus so far today. I have only had to clean out his crate once :rolleyes:

All very odd symptoms which dont 'fit' with anything specific

Janex

Oh dear, another sprayer. Poor Sunnie gets covered in bunny perfume every day, but Cloud hasn't managed to spray me so far.:rolleyes:

At least Harry eats more hay and his teeth are ok. I've never had a bunny with such strange poos. I mentioned the poisoning to Christabel, but it is something you can't detect with tests so easily.

Is he still humping his toy? He seemed to be quite busy with it at the surgery. :lol:

I wonder if passing mucus means that bad bacteria is being dispelled by the probiotic, so it only seems like problem poos but are good maybe?
He really is a beautiful boy, sending healing vibes to Harry.

Well this is just too weird :?
Harry has had no probiotics for almost 12 hours. He had a dose of Questran at 8am. Since then he has only passed a tiny bit of mucus and his poo is getting harder and rounder. He is drinking a normal amount instead of about 4 times the normal amount

I have absolutely no idea what's going on

Janex

Did Homer drink a lot more when on probiotics? Harry will drink up to 800ml if a p/b is in the water. Then he just passes a ton of soft poo and loads of mucus :cry:
But if he has no p/b in the water ( or any p/b at all) his drinking goes back to normal and his poos are better, not right, but better.

Janex

Homer didn't drink any more than usual when we put the probiotics in, we just found it was more like diarrhea (sp) so we stopped it and then it was not as bad.

We never really found out for sure why he went so bad all of a sudden. They put it down to him having a high dose of Baytril and that his gut had not "got back to normal".

Back