• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

omg now mites as well!! help!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:evil: after everything else poor little bif has had to endure..shes been harldy handled as shes been very withdrawn and aggressive...
we mae her get some exercise by pulling out of her cage rather than letting ehr come out cos she wont!
i cleaned out her cage and she had the cats for company as her n wilow had a gal spat thru the penbars...and bertie id too..bandit came up to kiss her yet again and zuzu shooed him away for her.

we cleared off the coffee table and put her up to brush her..we had to leave it this long as shed endured some nasty small but deep bites and was sore and scabby..
we went to brush her and then i got the comb and away came a few scabs and then to our horror...so did flakes of dead skin on her hsoulder..oh no not again i wailed..sure enough shes got loads of bare patches..shes not been ithcing any extra tho its weird. pathces of new fur are appearing but shes covered in dandruff....in two or three pATCHES....

ive checked all the other three..not a flake or balding spot so i guess its still as a result of the stress that caused her to unbond herslef and attack willow and get into a few huge fights:(

i dont want to stres her out anymore so im going to ring the vet monday to see if they give me some drop on ivermectin rather than bring her in for jabs...its not the price im bothered about..im not rich but id put her state first anyway. i dont drive or id seek some from the main branch if the vet i know was there..but i bumped into his wife in labour in the hospital night before last..so i doubt hell be there!
i will have to wait till monday to speak to a vet..but i can talk to the nurse tomorrow.
if bif has to go for jabs then so be it but i want to destress her.

is there anyway i can help her till then?

i know you can buy 0.8%ivermectin and its so many drops per 2kg i think i read.....cheaper than xeno 450!! if i drove id seek out beaphar ivernectin drops at all the pet stores...but alas.....

weve decided to move her into my daughters room away from ALL the other pets but especially the other buns....and especially my mum whos been over 2 days in a row for lunch.

im at m y wits end here.....im so sad for her...she was so happy when all four had been living bonded for over a week..now its all a mess and shes alone and stressed still but at least the bio lapis has made her pooooo and poo and only2 big soft poos in 2 days..much better.

my poor wickle gal.....:(

will someone please give me some advice:(

heck only a few more hrs...9am and i ring the vets.so i will get some advice then but im betting itll be jabs of the stuff:( poor bif....shes a stressed out bun as it is:(

Maybe leave it for a bit if you think it will stress her out? Luuna has flakey patches too, but I think its where she is healing where Bailey has bitten her :? The old skin has healed and then flakes off to reveal new?

i know you can buy 0.8%ivermectin and its so many drops per 2kg i think i read.....cheaper than xeno 450!! if i drove id seek out beaphar ivernectin drops at all the pet stores...but alas.....

I paid the vets around £37 for 8 of the Xeno 450 pipettes to treat our two. Seen the Beaphar ones too and they do seem much cheaper (4 for 3.99) but are they the same strength? They contain 150 microgramms invermectin & need 1 per 750g of rabbit.

Mike

gem hun..bif and bertie have unbonded too..shes not having anything to do with any of them and is on attack mode as are bertie and willow..bandit is so sad without her...he didnt go for her..he wanted a cuddle and she attacked him thru the bars even.....hes sulking and hiding in the base of the cat scratch tree..willow and bertie wahs him from time to time he doesnt wash back anymore..and he doesnt snuggle up either...

so maybe whens hes had time to fix herself up we can try her and bandit but he also loves the frenchies..he follows them around almost as much as he follows the cats! Gem if you speak to sue from southampton rescue before i do..tell her that little lionhead is nuts:lol:

m yeah the amount is tricky...but my usual vet was off...my other vet his wife was in labour since thursday afternoon and only gave birth tuesday morn!
so we saw a locum eastern european guiy very friendly very nice but im worried more than ever now!:shock:

Back