• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The new arrival!

Maizy

Mama Doe
Following on from my other thread, here is my new arrival. :D:He's a lovely little boy who has let me have a cuddle. He's come to us from a girl at work who's unable to take him with her when she moves next week. She named him Eddie and he's about 9 months old.
DSCI0002.jpg

He is a sweetie i have to say and he's sooooo dinky. :D. He needs to be vac'd and de-plummed, but he's very gentle and has already stolen my heart!:lol: He may not feel the same way after a trip to the vets mind you.:shock::lol:

:wave: met this little fella today, he has the most beautiful markings; he looks like he has dipped the end of his ears in white paint! :lol: he is very relaxed and nosey, even with 4 of us stood over him talking :lol: good luck with him, and those new hutches......:lol: x jess

Thanks Jess and again for your help bringing those hutches over, I think it would have been impossible with my car!
Here's another piccie demonstrating those 'dipped' ears.:lol: He's been busy 'honking' and getting used to his new surroundings. I haven't had the heart to tell him yet that he'll be minus a few bits very very soon!:lol::shock:
Now I really have to get a new siggi sorted!

P1000652.jpg

How big (or small) is he? Is he a mini or a dwarf lop?

That is a very good question!:shock: If his age is right ( no reason to doubt it) he's 9 months, but he's way smaller than Flynn and Libby. Lib is a dwarf, so he may well be a mini, although I expect him to still grow a bit more. Flynn has got French lop in those genes somewhere, as he's got feet like a shire horse:lol::lol: and is huge by comparison. It's been so long since I've had a 'little' one around that I'm really not sure. His facial expressions though are brilliant, as his markings seem to just make them stand out even more. He's really funny to watch. I'm going to have to be careful, or I'm going to lose hours just watching him.:roll:

Back