• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do i clean my Bunnies Bum???

I Have just notice my little dexter has a dirty bum, I am not to sure what to do as i don't want to stress him out too much!!

Can any buddy help???

Leah

you'll find it easier with two people, one to hold him securely and one to wipe :D i done cadbury yesterday. i sat him on my lap facing forwards, lifted his front up and gently tipped him back against my body. he started to wriggle a bit so i had to hold his back feet to stop him kicking out. hubby then cleaned him using a damp kitchen towel and a comb to tease the tough bits out. hope that helps :wave:

Hi,

Thanks for replying, I live on my own so i would need to do this by myself. I will try to wrapp him up in his blank and so that i can hold him without him wriggling to much. Does this sound okay to do?

thansk

Leah

How dirty is it? When Cocoa came in his bottom was awful so I stood him in the washing up bowl with his paws on the side and just an inch of warm water and cleaned him that way.

Can you hold him like a baby in your arms? I find this is effective (if they will stay still) and cuddle them first and nuzzle the little nose! When settled I start the cleaning......

You can try cornflower and rub it in (I believe this works) or what I sometimes do if I need to is use Johnsons small animal shampoo in a little warm water and use a cotton wood pad (wrung out so it is only damp) and wipe and then dry thoroughly.

Update

Hi all,

Thank you all so much for the tips. I managed to get him to sit on my lap still long enough to wipe his bottom with a damp cloth and then dry it. I wasn't too dirty so it came off pretty quickly and easy.

Thank you again.

Leah

Hi all,

Thank you all so much for the tips. I managed to get him to sit on my lap still long enough to wipe his bottom with a damp cloth and then dry it. I wasn't too dirty so it came off pretty quickly and easy.

Thank you again.

Leah

Why did he have a dirty bun do you think? maybe you need to reduce his pellets and increase his hay a little :D

I got a rabbit into the rescue yesterday with a really smelly very very dirty bum! :cry: he is cleaned up now but it took a while and he was quite red and sore underneath all the poo! glad you got your rabbits bum sorted without too much trouble, this wee man last night was awful stressed but it had to be done! he is fine today :D

Last edited:
update

Thanks for the tip. it wasn't to dirty is was only pee that had dryed on his tail. I soon discover that misty (female) she diggs all the litter to one side and Dexter (Male) he pees in the conner where there is no litter. so i think when he has been jumping out of the litter tray his tail must have touched it.

thanks

Leah:)

Back