PDA

View Full Version : Barnsley to London ..transport needed

bunnymadhouse
19-01-2008, 10:12 PM
This is to get a little nethie ...Tiny Tim (hes not been on rr) to his forever home to meet his new girlie friend.

idealy he would have to be delivered to the house as we also need to send an indoor cage with him and his new bunny mum doesnt drive.

No huge rush for this as he is still recovering from his neuter.

postcode of destination is W3 8JF

please let me know if you can do part of this journey.

Angie

Alfie_and_angel
20-01-2008, 01:13 AM
I *might* be able to help with this, but will have to check with partner (who would be the one driving).

Am possibly visiting my parents in Huddersfield next weekend (I'm in S.E London) and will be driving back down the following day (prob Fri/Sat). It's not definite yet, but I will check and get back if nothing more definite comes up in the meantime.

How big is indoor cage as we have small car?

Rose

bunnymadhouse
20-01-2008, 02:26 PM
its not a big cage ....i will measure it and get back to you . ;)

bunlover
20-01-2008, 10:20 PM
i can prob help with the last leg. i think milly (ladys bun) will like him... she is a cutie a little nervous but freindly. (she is a medium black bunnie)

bunnymadhouse
20-01-2008, 10:39 PM
that would be great :D

bunnymadhouse
26-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Tiny Tim is about ready to go .
we would like to try and sort this for next weekend or as near to that as possible .;)

Sooz
26-01-2008, 07:27 PM
If it wasn't for his cage he could have come on the train to Victoria with me.

bunnymadhouse
26-01-2008, 07:53 PM
oh dear ...thats a shame :(

Lib_n_bunny
26-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Hiya

I'm happy to help with a section if you end up doing it in parts. I live on the A1 just north of Peterborough, so I could travel up to, say, Newark to pick him up and maybe meet someone at a service station at the bottom of the A1? Just a suggestion if you get desperate

xx

bunnymadhouse
26-01-2008, 08:07 PM
thank you ...ill keep that in mind and let you know :D

becks
28-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Hiya

I'm happy to help with a section if you end up doing it in parts. I live on the A1 just north of Peterborough, so I could travel up to, say, Newark to pick him up and maybe meet someone at a service station at the bottom of the A1? Just a suggestion if you get desperate

xx

do we know how large the cage would be yet? dont know if would fit in the puegoet 106?

if so our next trip to my mums is two weeks time, could collect on the way back (would be sunday afternoon (10th) - nt sure on time yet as hoping to go visit a possible new bun ourselves that weekend), and then meet lib in newark?

i met tiny tim and he is such a darling he really does deserve his forever home.

bunnymadhouse
28-01-2008, 01:43 PM
searches franticly:shock::shock:...i did have those measurements on a bit of paper ....oh flip ...it seems to be lost on my extremely tidy computer daek :oops::oops::oops:

will measure again :rolleyes:

with top fitted into bottom to make it as small as poss it measures...
12inch high
40inch long
22inch wide.
:?

becks
30-01-2008, 02:12 PM
searches franticly:shock::shock:...i did have those measurements on a bit of paper ....oh flip ...it seems to be lost on my extremely tidy computer daek :oops::oops::oops:

will measure again :rolleyes:

with top fitted into bottom to make it as small as poss it measures...
12inch high
40inch long
22inch wide.
:?

will measure the car tonight...and the car door lol - i remember buying a fence panel once.....it would fit in teh car, but not trhough teh door or boot, we had to carry it fro two miles instead!!!!!:roll:

bunnymadhouse
31-01-2008, 03:10 PM
if lib and becks could do the first and second bit of the journey is their any one who could do peterbrough to london :roll::roll::roll:

Lib_n_bunny
31-01-2008, 03:22 PM
if lib and becks could do the first and second bit of the journey is their any one who could do peterbrough to london :roll::roll::roll:

I was suggesting me taking him further than Peterborough - I could talk him down as far as, say, Stevenage, Welwyn Garden City?

bunnymadhouse
31-01-2008, 03:23 PM
ohhh ...that would be even better :D thank you

Wilbur
01-02-2008, 12:03 AM
When is this happening as I could possibly do the Wewyn to London bit.:wave:

Sorry edited as I just read it's Sunday afternoon. I should be able to do that, just let me know.

Edit again, I'm an idiot, thought it was this weekend which I could do, the 10th I'm not sure about yet. :oops::oops::oops:

bunnymadhouse
01-02-2008, 12:21 AM
THATS OK ...OM CONFUSED TOO :oops::oops:

Lib_n_bunny
01-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Right, so far, my understanding of proposed plan is...

Date: 10th Feb
becks takes tiny tim from barnsley to newark
libby (me) takes tiny tim from newark to somewhere down the bottom of the A1 (for example Welwyn Garden City)
_______ takes him the rest of the way

Am I right?

bunnymadhouse
01-02-2008, 01:52 PM
thats what we are looking at ...providing its still on for becks :D

becks
02-02-2008, 02:10 AM

yup still fine here...tho need the OH to measure the car door tommorrow as was darkw hen he got hoem all week...tis a hatchback so hoping that even if we have to flatten the back seat we can get it in via the boot!

bunnymadhouse
02-02-2008, 09:09 PM
sorry ..double post:oops:

bunnymadhouse
02-02-2008, 09:09 PM
we still need to sort the last leg of this journey....
Stevenage or there abouts ro his new home in london :?

bunnymadhouse
03-02-2008, 05:18 PM
im begging now :oops:

can anyone pick up Tiny Tim around Stevenage or Welyn garden city and take him the rest of the way to his new home :?

pretty please :?:?

Wilbur
03-02-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi,

My plans have now changed again! I can do the last leg of this journey. Do you have an idea on time etc?:wave:

bunnymadhouse
04-02-2008, 12:51 AM
oh wow ...that would be fantastic :D:D

no times as yeyt ...depends realy on what time becks is setting off :? will try and sort asap .

:D:D

Lib_n_bunny
04-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Oooooh, I've just realised where W3 is, I could maybe take tiny tim all the way from newark to his final destination, if I can arrange to see my mate who lives in Ruislip? Will get back to you asap

xx

becks
04-02-2008, 09:19 PM

yep, otherhalf has measured teh boot and assured me that tiny tims little house will fit (this way if it doesnt he gets slapped wrists not me :roll: )

no seriously if its as diddy as those measurements say it should fit easy enough!

we are nolonger in manchester for teh weekend sow e can do the rune ithers aturday or sunday depending onw hat's best for everyone else?

or if ones better for tracy, and the other for lib can even keep tint tim overnight, taht way could meet lib earlier in the day sunday, ready for her leg of teh journey.....we are totally easy this end.

on teh sunday we need to be back in lincoln for 15.00 for a dance lesson, so latest can meet lib is 14.00, takes us 1 1/2 hours from tracys to newark, so the latest we could be leave tracys is 12.00.

lib and i have both exchanged numbers, just need to sort definate times both newark end and sheffield end.

bunnymadhouse
04-02-2008, 09:31 PM
what ever is best for you becks. if you wanted to pick tim up saturday it might be a good idea as it would break the journey up for him .
and as you say would mean you could meet up to pass him over earlier .

bunnymadhouse
04-02-2008, 10:06 PM
are you all ok speaking to each other and making meeting arrangements etc between yourselves? ...easier i think than me trying to sort it .:roll:

becks
04-02-2008, 10:51 PM
are you all ok speaking to each other and making meeting arrangements etc between yourselves? ...easier i think than me trying to sort it .:roll:

my mum says i shouldnt speak to strangers ;) i never listened to her when i was younger mind so wont suddenly start doing now at thirty :lol:

sure lib and i can sort something for sunday....we will be pretty flexible, as i will ring tracy and sort collecting saturday afternoon if its ok with her (gives me an excuse for another meadowhall shopping spree too :p )

Wilbur
04-02-2008, 10:52 PM
If I am still needed for the last leg, I can do either Sat or Sun. :wave:

bunnymadhouse
05-02-2008, 12:20 AM
If I am still needed for the last leg, I can do either Sat or Sun. :wave:

thank you ...not heard yet from lib to say if she can do the whole last bit or not ...
watch this space ;)

becks
05-02-2008, 12:24 AM
lib have text you to sort a time/place for meeting on sunday.

i'm going to ring tracy tommorrow (figured it was abit late now!) to sort collection, but if she's in agreement i'm hoping to do it saturday afternoon (flexible on time), then tiny tim can have a break unroute, ready for his "big day". last time we were at tracys nick set his heart on a lovely lop....only to discover it was her pet rabbit!!!!!lol

wilbur: not sure what lib has decided re "final destination", but will eb sunday the 10th can confirm that much. it maybe worth pm'ing her to check if you're needed? or i have her mobile number.

bunnymadhouse
05-02-2008, 12:57 PM
have you all got carriers you can use or do i need to sort one to go the whole way :?

becks
05-02-2008, 03:18 PM
have you all got carriers you can use or do i need to sort one to go the whole way :?

i've got a carrier for my part of the journey, tho wouldnt be able to lend it out to lib unfortunatly as it's one of my pairs....lib, do you have or need one?

becks
05-02-2008, 10:42 PM
Have rung Tracy and 1st leg is all sorted for Saturday afternoon/early evening :-)

Just awaiting text/reply to pm from Lib for leg 2 on Sunday...

Witchy
07-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Hey BMH, just pop my two minilops in the footwell as stowaways on Sunday, I'll catch them as you go passed Cambridge :D

Hope your run goes well :wave:

becks
07-02-2008, 03:26 PM
had text from lib she said to says she is fine o do from newark to final destination on sunday, so all sorted :-)

bunnymadhouse
07-02-2008, 03:29 PM
great :D
have you let wilbur know .:D

becks
07-02-2008, 08:31 PM
great :D
have you let wilbur know .:D

not sure if lib has wilburs number? i just took tracys and libbys for my part of the journey....

will pm her though.

just waiting now to know if libby has a carrier or not.

Wilbur
07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
:wave: Good luck everyone. Hopefully I'll be able to help another time.

bunnymadhouse
07-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Thank you everyone for all this ....we apprediate it so much ..:D

libby ...can you ring me please you will need the full address etc ;)

i have pmd you but no reply (my phone number is on pm ;))

becks
08-02-2008, 12:04 AM
Thank you everyone for all this ....we apprediate it so much ..:D

libby ...can you ring me please you will need the full address etc ;)

i have pmd you but no reply (my phone number is on pm ;))

if you dont get a response i can text libby your number if you want angie? - think it's still the same as when i adopted domino?if nt then wld need you to pm it me.

or i can pm you libbys number if prefer?

becks
08-02-2008, 02:38 PM
have had contact with lib,s he will ring you (angie) later.

also:she'll need a carrier, can we arrange one as i cant lend mine out as need them for my two.

thanks

bunnymadhouse
08-02-2008, 03:41 PM
ill sort one ;)

Lib_n_bunny
08-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Sorry for being utterly poo at staying in contact guys!

Me being me, I'm trying to co-ordinate taking tiny tim with going on a date :roll: with a bloke i hadn't met til wednesday, and then i got stranded in london on wednesday, and then when i got home last night i was so knackered i slept 6pm-7am :shock: sorry sorry sorry!!!

xxx

becks
20-02-2008, 11:32 PM
due to a small hick up with delivery men and a hutch tiny tim has spent the last couple of weeks lodging in my conservatory.

he's due to travel to his new mums on saturday (23rd), however unfortunatly lib can only take him as far as welwyn garden city: is there anyone who can complete the rest of this journey?

i will ask angie if she can start a new thread just for this leg if need be.

bunnymadhouse
21-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Can anyone help with this please ...Tiny Tim is stuck with Becks part way to his new home :?

Lib_n_bunny
21-02-2008, 02:35 PM
I've been speaking to becks about this, i can do newark to welwyn garden city if tina can do the rest of the way? we're thinking saturday?