• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new bun

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I lost a couple of female buns in Aug & September. Both were part of my bonded group of 13. Shortly after my group started having problems & I came home one day to find one of the boys (the biggest:roll:) had been battered. Lots of rebonding attempts later, I left him on his own. He's really human friendly & I just let him sleep on the sofa every evening.

I still had a couple of Fosters - one for Jill, who I have had since the summer. She's quite short-sighted & growls or cowers when you first stroke her, but it's just fear (the bun, not Jill!). She's never bitten. Anyway, I recently lost another foster - Bouncer. He had EC, & kept getting urine infections, incontinence & stopping eating. He died just before Xmas day. All my buns have been panacured for 6 weeks, & my fosters too. Everything is good, but I wanted my NZ white to have a partner. After speaking to Jill (we were concerned about size difference & little bun's timidness), I slowly bonded them over 2 weeks. The key was no humping!:lol: He's too big -but it turns out - she's too fast:lol:

No humping at all, & little Suki now comes over for nose rubs when her & Alex get fed. She hasn't growled since the bonding & he dotes on her (she's in charge:roll:).

I got 15 buns here now - all are loose all the time - one is actually a semi-permanent boarder (don't ask:roll:), but it's ace.

I do feel a little bit bad not fostering - especially knowing I can take 20 buns without affecting my life too much, but Bouncer's illness really hit me. It would be so easy to bring something in to endanger my other buns - to this day I don't know if Barley's (my September loss) pneumonia was caused by Bouncer's EC.

I can't believe I typed that after a bottle & half of wine!

Anyway, thanks Jill. I will get the apdoption form posted off on payday;)

:wave: So nice to hear about your buns Angie :D Im sorry to hear of your losses :cry: Its great news that you have bonded Growling bunny :lol: :D with your big lad. I had a growler Dempsey and she would have had my hand off before I bonded her with my errm foster bunny Jack :oops: Its amazing the change in them.

Hia Angie :wave:

I'm sorry to hear about your losses. That must have been really hard for you. Its great to have you back on the forum tho. xx:D

Lovely to hear she is settled..would love the form..but no donation needed as you have paid for her vacs and several other fosters you've had:D

As for you not fostering..you have been great ever since i joined this forum and if you need a break..be it temp or permanent..then you've earned it.

If you do decide to foster in the future please get in touch as you are such a reliable fosterer...
keep in touch anyway....
noserub to Suki...and Polly, Alfie and Flint of course!:D

i just want to say i agree with Jill .

i can perfectly understand why you need a break from it all .

we will miss you on the fostering side and more especialy for bondings :?:?

but we ll manage ...so dont worry ;)
Angie you are a star :D:wave:

Thats great news that your keeping little Suki, I only looked at her on RU last night.

I totally understand about wanting to give fostering a break, especially if you have a such a large amount of buns of your own. Well done for helping as much as you have, theres a few more happy buns becasue of you. :wave:

Oh and dont forget we need piccies!:D

Back