• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help me bond with my bunnies!!!!

Hi All,

I was wondering if someone could help i have a mini rex (Male) and a Mini Lop(female). The male is neutred and the Female i am thinking of spaying help in a few months time.

I got Dexter when he was 6weeks old (Mini rex) and it was great. When i would take him out of his cage for play time he would binky up and down the hall way and whenever he heared any strange noises he would run to me and hid behind me as if he was saying "Mum don't let them hurt me". So i felt as if i had really bonded with him. But i felt gulity leaving him in all day while i was at work and he had no one to play with. So i got misty at 10 weeks old and she was very frail and would hurt a fly. as both of them were to young to be neutred and spayed, i kept them separate. Then when dexter had his op and was well enough to be bonded with misty. I Put them bot together, and it is great, you can really see they are both happy that they have each other. But Now Dexter does really want to be the centre of a attention with me any more and the female she is so moody. i am lucky if she will let me stroke her. Dexter he still lets me near him and i do ocassionally get to stroke him for a few minutes. But if misty gets make any sudden movements he is off like a shot.
I was wondering if anyone could give me tips on how to get them both allow me to show them a little TLC.

I sorry this is so long just wanted to give the best picture possible.

Thanks

Leah

Sorry that you feel like this and this has happened. You made the right choice about getting Dexter a wife-bun but this sometimes separates them from their human companions. What I do now, with my girls, is just sit outside their hutch with the door open and let them come to me. I stroke them and make them feel comfortable in my space. When I first got them, I sat in their run and just let them decide when they wanted to come to me. Make it their decision to come to you. Be in a relaxed stance and I've heard, twitching your nose helps them be relaxed around you. Hope this helps.

I post them together about a month after his op. just to make sure that he was fully healed.

I will try the nose twicging as i sit on the floor with them every night 1 hour and then i will get up and move around so that they get use to me moving around.

thanks

Leah

Back