• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recently had my rabbits neutured but a few questions...

bridget

Alpha Buck
Hi, I have 2 male rabbits, a Dutch dwarf and an english/dutch cross breed. I bought them together and they're about 6 months old. I had them both neutured about 4 days ago yet they're still spraying, chasing and mounting each other.. will this eventually stop?? :rolleyes:

It will calm down given time. You shouldn't put a neutered buck with a fertile female for 6 weeks after the boy is castrated as the hormones are still raging and he could potentially get her pregnant. So within a few weeks your boys should calm down and reduce the behaviour you mentioned :D

i would give them a good 3 weeks to settle before you try bonding them as their hormones will still be raging until a few weeks time. also i would seperate them now as if they are chasing (ok when bondind and it will settle) they can pull their stitches or open a wound.

Back