• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

getting thumper a wife

kimd6200

Banned
hi all,ken has decided that now is the right time to get thumper neutered n get him a wife.my friend has a 2yr old neutered black mini lop doe who she wants to rehome.lovely little girl.if i was to get thumper neutered say,next week,how long is it befre i could start to bond them?want to get it done before i have baby so that he isnt lonely on his own cuz ill be busy with baby.x

if shes speyed id probably say 3 weeks maybe? probably enough time to let his homones die down so he doesnt annoy her with constant humping. also what will you do if they dont bond? have you got the space and time for 2 single rabbits?

hhm didnt think of it that way.could say a rescue find a wife for him n bond him for me or do you have pick a girlie n do it yourself?new to bonding stuff.:oops:

most rescues will do bonding for you, you pick the girl bun you want and they will do the rest, and if the bond is unsuccessful at least you wont be left with 2 single rabbits. it actually took me about 3 months to successfully bond my two lol

but it would hopefullyonly be 2 trips. ie one trip up with bun.... then the do a quick speed date with him in one run and the females in another run when he finds one he likes they will try them in run together if thats ok then they will attempt to bond that way he picks his own girlie rather than an arranged marriage although i hear both work well in rabbits... then u leave him there after a quick cuddle and a lot of worry about him they will ring you when they bonded and you will need to neutralise his place at home then bring them home hey presto bonded pair (well hopefully!) oh ps get himi neutered and ring rescue before driving there!!!

but it would hopefullyonly be 2 trips. ie one trip up with bun.... then the do a quick speed date with him in one run and the females in another run when he finds one he likes they will try them in run together if thats ok then they will attempt to bond that way he picks his own girlie rather than an arranged marriage although i hear both work well in rabbits... then u leave him there after a quick cuddle and a lot of worry about him they will ring you when they bonded and you will need to neutralise his place at home then bring them home hey presto bonded pair (well hopefully!) oh ps get himi neutered and ring rescue before driving there!!!

Yep do think about what happens if they dont bond. Buu and Beau didnt bond so now I have two seperate bunnies and had to sort out keeping them seperate and stuff. I think its best to get a rescue to bond for you and then Thumper could pick out a girl himself.

alvin went to a rescue. im so relieved cus he fought with the first choice and came home single.... the rescues know the personalilties of their buns so can even judge which bun would suit yours... Lou said she decided pearl was the bun for alvin when she bonded her brother and saw how submissive he was.....

Back