• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding prob

sarsimp

Mama Doe
Hi :wave:- I havent been on here for a long time and hope you will forgive me but I have a prob with bonding Gizmo and his new lady friend Willow. Mollybun sadly went to the bridge just after Christmas and I brought Willow home from my local rescue centre last week. I put her in a large cage in Gizs run for a few days and finally thought they were ready to meet on weds. The prob is that all is calm and sweet (lots of grooming going on) as long as Willow doesnt move. As soon as she does, Giz goes for her back end and lots of scuffling ensues. Willow will not now venture out of her litter tray so I have put the carrier in so she is warm and snug. They are both snuggled up in the litter tray as I type :rolleyes:Im having to feed W with a seperate dish cos as soon as she gets up, Giz is there:(
I would be grateful for any suggestions for a solution. The set-up is a hutch/run comb with a ramp.
Ta in anticipation
Sarahx

Hello,

Is it neutral territory? I have been bonding a trio and in the early stages took out the litter tray as this was coming to represent territory and when ever poor Mo went over Barney would go for him. They will scuffle mine still are and have been together since before Christmas.

Have you tried a treat ball for feeding? If I put one bowl down it would be a problem but with a treat ball it scatters everywhere so they can all have equal food.

Back