• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I am so fed up :(

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
I am so fed up with being dumped on and black mailed by people who just dont give a :censored: that I could cry.

I just got in from work having arranged for my assistant manager to cover for me for the afternoon so I can clean the hutches out and get a shower.

I have had a phone call about a pair of rabbits adopted from another rescue (not one on here) that are 'unmanageable' and they want rid of them asap. Well Im sorry but we are full and I am not taking on a pair of rabbits adopted under contract from another rescue. Lots of grumbling.

I then had an email from a lady who is on my waiting list to tell me that her pair of rabbits have made a hole in the side of the hutch (how?) which she has covered with mesh but seen as she is getting rid of them soon she does not want to buy them a new hutch until they come to me, although of course a predator may get there first.

I am fed up with this kind of emotional blackmail.

WHEN IM FULL IM FULL!!! End of. Theres nothing to negotiate and blackmailing me is not going to get anyone anywhere with me. Especially when I am this tired.

oh sooz!:( *hugs*

its what happens when u do a good thing, people take advantage. u do a great thing and people should be praising you x

Sorry you're feeling pants hon, I can sympathise at the mo. If you feel like crying have a good cry and then stick your chin up and keep going. Unfortunately when I feel pants I'm just very honest with people so am best avoided :oops:

we know just how you feel :evil::(

i turned away 2 piggies and a rabbit yesterday ..
from 2 seperate places but same reason ...allergies :shock:

the piggies were christmas pressies

:evil:

Aaaaaaw Sooz you do such a great job, I cant even begin to understand the frustration you must go through with people like that putting constant pressure on you. Resources only go so far and I dont think a lot of people that want to off load their pets realise just how much of your own time, money and effort goes into the job you do. Having to turn away pets in need must be heartbreaking but their is a limit as to how much anyone can do. ((((Hugs)))

Poor you :cry:

It must be so difficult for you. You do a great job.

Its such a shame that there are so many selfish, pathetic people around.

I can sympathise with you, as I get loads of calls at work from :censored: who "want rid asap", and they use blackmail to try and help - although it just makes me mad.
Last week someone said if we didn't take her dog it was going to get shot by the farmer because it is worrying the sheep:evil:then keep the :censored: dog away from them then!!
People seem too keen to get rid of their responsibility, but ultimately it's the poor animal that gets the brunt of it.
I only do it 2 days a week, so it must be very wearing every day.
Give yourself a big hug :)

Oh Sooz, you POOR thing! ::hugs:: Unfortunately, this seems to be a VERY common thing for people to do.....they KNOW that people must be compassionate to be running rescues, so they take full advantage to try to get their own way. :evil: What REALLY annoys me are the ones that you say a firm 'NO - I am FULL!' to.....and then they turn up and just dump them on your doorstep. :evil: :evil:

I hope you are feeling a bit better now. xxx

What REALLY annoys me are the ones that you say a firm 'NO - I am FULL!' to.....and then they turn up and just dump them on your doorstep. :evil: :evil:

I hope you are feeling a bit better now. xxx

Thats why I dont advertise my address, so only people who I have agreed to take rabbits from can find me.

Thanks guys. I just feel really pants. I cant wait til these two weeks are up.
Lexie seems to know I am upset, she has decided to join me on the sofa for cuddles.

Aww :( I know this will be difficult but you have to try and put these people out of your mind, you are doing a sterling job and worrying about them will just be wasted effort and will mean they have succeeded in upsetting you. think about all the bunnies you have helped. I'm glad lexie is comforting you though, she's a lamb :)

Just made the mistake of listening to my voice mails :? and another two looking for rescue space :cry::cry:

Oh good grief! :cry:

Just curl up on the sofa with Lexie and have a theraputic cuddle.....and don't beat yourself up over buns that you CAN'T help. As harsh as it sounds, you can't help them ALL. :cry: :cry:

*BIG hugs* xxx

........and DON'T listen to any more voice mails!

I am so fed up with being dumped on and black mailed by people who just dont give a :censored: that I could cry.

I just got in from work having arranged for my assistant manager to cover for me for the afternoon so I can clean the hutches out and get a shower.

I have had a phone call about a pair of rabbits adopted from another rescue (not one on here) that are 'unmanageable' and they want rid of them asap. Well Im sorry but we are full and I am not taking on a pair of rabbits adopted under contract from another rescue. Lots of grumbling.

I then had an email from a lady who is on my waiting list to tell me that her pair of rabbits have made a hole in the side of the hutch (how?) which she has covered with mesh but seen as she is getting rid of them soon she does not want to buy them a new hutch until they come to me, although of course a predator may get there first.

I am fed up with this kind of emotional blackmail.

WHEN IM FULL IM FULL!!! End of. Theres nothing to negotiate and blackmailing me is not going to get anyone anywhere with me. Especially when I am this tired.

I hate to say this but..........Welcome to the world of rescuing, we get this sort of thing all the time and it really annoys me when you get lies, why can't they just tell the truth?, and they play on your emotions, I had it on Thursday when a man said he was going to let his bunny go in the wild if we didn't take it and when he brough it to me it was in a cardboard box on wood shavings and it was a matted cashmere!!

It really gets to me as well, so sending you big (((hugs))) to cope Sooz x

It's a nightmare. I feel really two-faced being niceto people wanting to "get rid":evil:

I got a couple of indoor cages here you can have if you want - fully virkroned & empty from previous fosters. I'm still wary of introducing any new buns here after bringing in Bouncer with his EC & losing my own buns, so can't foster I'm afraid.

I'm trying to think of sommat stupid & dangerous to do this year to - so I'll get sponsors & split it 3 ways - you, BARC & Honeybunny - people will just have to pay me more!

Which reminds me - I owe Jill £45 still for my parachute jump! Jill - I will post it this week!

Back