• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cage fun!!

Truffle

New Kit
Hi!
I have one rabbit, soon to be two! But right now I feel his cage is kinda boring, especially since he has to be in it the whole time I'm at school. He has a litter box(obviously), two parrot toys hanging, an igloo, I usually put in a paper bag or newspaper or paper towel tubes, you know something he can beat up and his food stuff.
What else can I put in there?

Also, I want to get a new cage for him especially for when the new bunny arrives. Can anyone show me one that they have at petco, petsmart, even walmart, or somewhere common in the US, that is a good cage? One that's easy to clean and not too expensive???:roll:

THANKS!!!:p

Have you thought of building a cage? A lot of people use NIC grids to make cages (Neat Idea Cubes). They're far easi in the states apparently than here in the UK, I think you can get them at target and possibly walmart. It's worth doing a google search.

Here's a link to the cage I made with that sort of thing > http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=113470

Also dog crates make good bunny homes. Especially if you add shelves.
Also it's worth getting some tunnels as rabbits usually love them, and balls, either made of something edible like willow, or leather footballs (make sure they don't eat them) as they like to push them about and play with them. Cardboard boxes are good as bunnies can hide in them, eat them and sit on top of them.

toliet roll tubes stuffed full of hay are always fun for bunnies, plus you can hide veg and food around the cage rather than just in a bowl. also i have an ikea pillow (little light blue one about 70p) which my two love sitting on, laying on, digging and stuff. old birthday or christmas cards are also good for throwing about the cage and biting.

Mine like empty yoghurt pots & anything made of carboard. The main game is to rip anything to shreds so its good they like toys that are free!

Thank you all! Everything you've said came in handy!
I just used the hay and vegetable stuffed paper towel roll, he's having a lot of fun!
THANKS AGAIN:lol:

Back