• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Bunny Poorly!!!

Madmoo

Alpha Buck
:( Hi All,
Have only had my two rabbits, Harvey & Willow, since last weekend. They have both been doing fine but yesterday I noticed that Willow hadnt been eating any of her mix or hay and she didnt seem to be pooing. For the few days prior to this she was leaving lots of little pressies for me all around the kitchen. Checked her hutch and there was next to no poo in there but there was a pinky patch in her woodshavings which looked suspiciously like it was blood. Whilst in the kitchen she did one very soft poo which had jelly bits and some blood.

Took her straight to the vet to be checked and vet checked her thoroughly. She said its not looking too good and has given her some bits to try to get her pooing again. She gave her a vitamin injection, Fibreplex (3 times daily) and some liquid food (Science Recovery) to be given little and often.

One good sign is that she is not dehydrated at the moment. If things haven't improved by mid morning tomorrow I am to take her back to vet.

I feel totally helpless! She has had fibreplex and has been drinking the liquid food straight from the syringe for me.

Can you all send your positive vibes for her. It would break my heart if she doesn't make it.

Ange :cry:

oh you poor thing you must be out of your mind with worry, sending you and bunny lots and lots of vibes to get better. I know exactly how you feel we've just got miffy back from the vets she's been in hospital 3 times since 31Dec with gut stasis but she's back to her bouncy self now i really really hope things turn out ok xxxxx

Hi All

Thanks for your replies. Vet didnt say what it was exactly - other than if a bunny's digestive system slows down, then it can get very blocked very quickly. Just hope the fibre stuff works its magic. Just been out to check on her and shes still very alert, etc so hopefully I will see piles of poo in the hutch in the morning!! Dont think ive ever been so keen to see poo! :oops:

awwww so very scary. thankfully the vet will sort her out cus you got her there as soon as you sussed she was off xxxx

It was only I had a baby with similar symptoms to a baby I had last yr and that was ec. Hope bunny picks up soon. :D

How old are they hun? It could be mucoid enteritis, but I think it only effects babies.

Back