• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Splodge is not herself :( U/D she's OK :)

drpengie

Wise Old Thumper
Been to let Splodge and Scrumpie out to have a run around and Splodge seems rather under the weather and grumpy. Normally she is running all over the place like a nutter into everything and very naughty. She won't come out of the hutch which is very unlike her, Scrumpie is OK - he's running about the conservatory.

Her eyes look really sad, and she won't take any food off me - even her treats that she goes berserk over. There is something wrong and I don't know what it is. My husband said at tea time they both came out for a run round as normal and he saw her eating a mini carrot and some parsley. He didn't see if she ate anything else.

What could be wrong with her? because she has never ever been like this before. Can I do anything?

Last edited:
Have a feel of her tummy. Does she tense it up as you feel it ? Does it feel unusually hard ? Can you feel any gas bubbles ? Does she feel cold to touch ?

Has she done normal poo today ?

Try and encourage her to hop about and observe her gait and see if she poos.

Janex

she does feel cold yes. I will try get to hop about

If she feels cold you need to get her onto/near a source of heat such as a Snugglesafe or a hot water bottle wrapped in a towel.
Try to get her to take some luke warm water.
If she does not pick up in the next couple of hours I'd call your Vets Emergency number for some professional advice.

Janex

If mine are like this, I syringe water, give tummy rubs and make sure I chase them a little! If they refuse food/ no poo for two hours, I get them to the vet.
Why do they always do it when the vets are closed though:?:(
Hope Splodge feels better soon.

oh i hope your bunny's better soon big hugs xxxxx Deffo dont leave her too long without eating though as they go into stasis really quickly xxx

Well I rang the vet and she said the best thing was to watch her until the morning or I could get the emergency vet out at £70 plus treatment :shock:. She didn't really give much advice at all. Said it sounded like a gut problem, but I kinda knew that.

Anyway after the advice on here - I got her out gave her lots of tummy rubs. The next things I know she's running about and went to litter tray and pooed!!! Yay! (I changed the tray so I could see whether she had pooed or not) and then she started eating like no tomorrow!! :D

Then she was bounding about like her normal naughty self like nothing had happened.

So thanks you lot for all your advice it really helped. Looks like it was caught in time and all it needed was a few tummy rubs.

So glad I joined this forum you lot are ace!! Thank you thank you!!! :oops:

Back