• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

willow ball

Hi we have just got a new rabbit and bought him a willow ball to put in his cage. Just wondering whether it is ok if he chews it up or will it hurt him if he eats any of it
thanks

He will most definetly chew it up, and it will probably only take 5 minutes :D Mine love destroying willow balls :lol:

thanks for that its been in his cage since ssaturday untouched and today he has devoured it into half the size. i was just worried it would hurt him

I put treats in mine if the bunnies aren't taking any notice, Nuggette is fascinated by it now and somewhat frustrated as she canthe treats out, pushing it about, jumping on it, throwing it. I'm just waiting for her start nibbling at it and devour it, it'll help keep her teeth in check.

i uy large untreated willow baskets from local garden centres, peanut has been attackign one since day after boxing day, he adores it, and he still had the base left, only £1.50!

Yeah, they eat it, perfectly safe plus it helps keep their teeth trim and healthy so it's a good thing if they eat it.

willow balls and willow trees!

In fact why buy expensive balls when you can go and snip off bits of real willow tree in your nearby common/park??

Ok so the balls roll around but my buns just chew them up so I have taken to giving them bundles of willow.

The bark is supposed to contain a natural aspirin, so probably best to stick to the smaller twigs rather than whole trunks!!

In fact why buy expensive balls when you can go and snip off bits of real willow tree in your nearby common/park??

Ok so the balls roll around but my buns just chew them up so I have taken to giving them bundles of willow.

The bark is supposed to contain a natural aspirin, so probably best to stick to the smaller twigs rather than whole trunks!!

Good idea!

Back