• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry's Poo !!- More Lab Results Back

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Harry's poo has now tested negative for parasites, protozoa and Salmomella
However there were only scant commensals indicating a lack of 'good' gut bacteria. This, in turn, will effect Harry's ability to digest his food and is likely to be the cause of his poo problem. So he needs to stay on probiotics indefinately.
We are still awaiting the result of the test for Campylobacter

Janex

Hey,

Not sure what your bunny's problem is but I hope it starts to clear up soon *crosses fingers*

My rabbit Tilly had a scare with gut stasis (worrying time :? ) and had always had digestive problems etc.

I had just started taking wheatgrass and decided to give her some too. It must have really helped her as I've never seen such healthy droppings from her and we didn't have any more problems! I think it's something to do with it's detoxifying qualities and how this, in turn, helps the digestive system.

I just used to sprinkle a teaspoon of wheatgrass powder on her food every day. Would've used fresh but it's hard to source seeds in Leics, there are companies on the internet that sell wheatgrass packs though.

Just thought I'd give my two penny's worth...good luck!

:wave:

Hey,

Not sure what your bunny's problem is but I hope it starts to clear up soon *crosses fingers*

My rabbit Tilly had a scare with gut stasis (worrying time :? ) and had always had digestive problems etc.

I had just started taking wheatgrass and decided to give her some too. It must have really helped her as I've never seen such healthy droppings from her and we didn't have any more problems! I think it's something to do with it's detoxifying qualities and how this, in turn, helps the digestive system.

I just used to sprinkle a teaspoon of wheatgrass powder on her food every day. Would've used fresh but it's hard to source seeds in Leics, there are companies on the internet that sell wheatgrass packs though.

Just thought I'd give my two penny's worth...good luck!

:wave:

Thanks for that info :D I will try Harry on some Wheatgrass aswell as his probiotics. He doesn't have a 'no poo' problem, quite the opposite !! But I am sure the more fibre he ingests the better. I am glad Tilly is now doing well

Janex :wave:

Back