• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bedding

norrielian

Mama Doe
Hi

Can't seem to find anywhere in care reference section about using shredded paper as bedding. I'm assuming people don't recommend using it? Or maybe I'm wrong and its safe? I wouldn't have though it was much different to people using newspaper?

Obviously you'd have to be really careful to remove all staples etc..

Thanks
Lian

Use it all the time :wave:

Just make sure there are no staples or paper clips hiding in it!

I use shreaded paper for my garden bunnies.
I don't think they've ever eaten it, but they love moving it around so they may have had a little nibble.

I've used it providing it's not too inky, glossy or has staples in it. Bunnies seem to appreciate shredded documents.

Now there's a thought..... I could just give all my old paper to the rabbits and let them shred instead of the electric shredder:lol: I wonder if they would chew the paper instead of the wendy house?:?

Charlie has shredded paper for bedding. And he eats it!!! :shock: I do try to dissuade him but he's just a bunny who devours anything!!!

I put newspapers down on the bottom of the hutch and when the buns are feeling annoyed at not getting out quickly enough, they pull it up and sometimes eat it, although I try to stop them if I see them doing it.

I'm thinking of using shredded paper as bedding in summer as they don't wee on it, ad straw will make them too hot (if we have a hot summer!! :roll:).

Rabbits are so funny,you make their hutch look lovely and cosy,we clean the hutch and line it with newspaper and add shavings and straw and hay,then 10 minutes later they are ripping up newspaper and it looks a right old mess

Jackie,Norman and Beatrix bunny

Back