• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lionheads coats

Scrufox86

Warren Scout
I have noticed 2 of my lionheads coats are changing colour and was wondering if it was a normal thing. They are a harlequin and a harlequin magpie (i think that's the correct name). I've noticed more black on the harlequin boy in places he didn't have black before and on the harlequin magpie boy he's gone from being grey and white to grey/black and white and gained more colour in places he didn't have before like his brother.

I unfortunately cannot upload any pics at the moment coz i cannot find the camera lead that links up to the computer but has anyone else who owns harlequin and harlequin magpies ever seen this happen?

my rabbits change colour depending on the season. during the summer thair coats lighten changing from pure black to black with dark brown patches and from dark brown to a middeling brown with random caramel coloured tuffts.

Flopsy is a lionhead and his colour changed a great deal since the summer - he has lots more dark grey/black stripes than he used to.

My lionheads change colour quite a lot particularly when they are moulting.

Flopsy looks alot like my Jasper and he has more dark patches/stripes than when he was younger too.:p

Back