• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

naughty snowy gave me a fright!

bunlover

Warren Veteran
today thought would be nice to let the preloved buns i picked up out for a run in the garden knowing how rabbits enjoy squeezing through the smallest gaps the shed got bricked up around it to stop them going under and the bottem of the garden was fenced off so they could not get down there. the rest of garden i thought was bunny proof and once i let them out they were running and binkying and playing...

i nipped inside for 5 mins (no really 5 mins) to turn off the kitchen buzzer and came back out to find...gulp only one bunny.... dora...

i asked her where her sister was...er she didnt answer and i looked everywhere... i even pulled up a loose board on the decking and had a look...she was no where... i rang everyone i knew in a panic telling them id lost snowy (who iv only had here since yesterday) i ran round the neighbours figuring she had jumped the fence segregating the end of garden and sqeezed through a gap into next doors.... my boyf bless him jumped on his moterbike and came home all the neighbours were checking gardens calling snowys name...

i was driving round to local school to see if shed managed to get into their field...oh rang me... er i think she is in the garden?!!! i rushed home to find she was under the decking and had sqeezed through the tiniest gap oh said she had come out once but wouldnt let him catch her (btw as soon as i found one missing i popped dora into hutch)

so i spent a while sitting outside and eventually she came out the hole where the boards had been lifted off oh dear big hole in deck now lol!! she gave me such a fright she was fine seemed quite pleased with herself even gave my oh a good licking while i was trying to make sure shed not hurt herself under there! oh they do like to give us a fright!!!!

extra bunny proofing is being done tommorrow!!!!:roll:

I know how you feel. I was looking after two baby rabbits (10 - 12 weeks old) for our friends. The buns belong to their kids and are very very loved. They were only with us 24 hours when Softy, the worst girl of the two, suddenly appeared binging around the garden. I managed to catch her and was just catching my breath. My son came in from school and I was just telling him that I could have done with his help, when, yep you guessed it, Softy was busy binging around again.

Luckily she was so fascinated with my own buns' compound that she just went round the fence looking at them. Naturally, Gloria, wanted to kill her instantly and was going mental. Softy was bundled into a box and put back in her run.

They had been put into an area behind our garage which has the back of the garage, a path, then a 3 foot high retaining wall topped with trellis. Either end was blocked off so they had a secure - so I thought run! I thought she had got over the side bits. Turns out she had jumped the 3 foot wall and got out that way. I had to put chicken wire horizontally over the edge of the wall to keep her in. She was an absolute swine to keep in and spent the whole fortnight plotting and constantly trying to jump up under the wire.

She reminded me of the scene in Jurassic Park where Richard Attenborough talks about how clever the volociraptors are and how they are constantly testing the defences of their compound!!! It was a long fortnight.

I have an escape artist bunny as well. Black Jack figured out that if he picks up the mesh pannels in his teath and moves the whole enclosure around he can find an area to get out as the ground is not completly level. He has done this twice, the first time he went to the garage to show the o/h what a clever bunny he is! Not as clever as tent pegs to pin the play pen down! Ha HA. This is one of those "keeper" sets I found on the Rabbit Rehome site. It is still very usefull as a Play pen in an un rabbit proof garden. as long as they are supervised. They binkey so much more when they can see the sky!

I had a panic last night. Sooty had shut honey in the lav and I couldn't find her anywhere. I didn't think to check there as the door was shut :shock:

Firth my black rex always gives me a fright, he is a house bun but if i can't find him i panick looking everywhere in the house, then after a mad rush round the house he just pops up behind me :rolleyes: he follows me around everywhere and because hes black it's sometime difficult to see him against the carpet :lol::lol:

Back