• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

escape from dog crate!

Estelle

Wise Old Thumper
I just went into the dining room to see Hobbes and Phoebe and Hobbes was running round outside the crate while Phoebe was still locked inside! :shock:
Hobbes must have got out from the bottom of the crate. The gaps are only 4 inches by 2 and a half inches (10cm x 6.5cm) so i'm amazed he fit through it!
He's quite podgy at the moment too!

How am i going to keep him inside?! I need to put something round the bottom that he can't chew :?:?:?

Barney once shot out of one of those holes, it scared me to death becasue I thought he couldn't possibly fit. Can you get some lengths of wood from a diy shop?

Cable tie some mesh strips over it (B&Q or Wilko), or put bricks around it as an emergency. Actually even some chicken while would be ok as its indoors.

I had some spare wire in the garage from the rabbit run which i tried to fasten round the bottom but couldn't do it the right way round so i turned the cage upside down and (hey presto!) the cage has smaller holes at the top so i've just left it upside down instead! :D
He's such a cheeky monkey though! If he'd have got out in the night i'd have probably needed new skirting boards by morning! :lol::lol:

Yep, Pippa can get out from the crate too :roll: since we put towels over it she seems to have forgotten there are holes though.

Back