• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch opinions

I have two happy hutches and think they are good :D Ive got a ryedale hutch arriving next week though and I think I am going to like that one better :lol:

I got that hutch and had no problems - bought it about 18 months ago though. Have heard some rumours of the quality going downhill though..?? :?

i HAVE JUST BOUGHT A HUTCH FROM THEM,IT ARRIVED NEXT DAY AND I WAS VERY PLEASED EXCEPT IT WASNT TREATED,SO I COULDNT PUT THE BUNS IN STRAIGHT AWAY,BUT OTHER THAN THAT IT WAS A GOOD PRICE.HAPPY HUTCH COMPANY WERE SELLING ON EBAY TOO SO I USED EBAY RATHER THAN DIRECT AND I HAD PROTECTION OF PAYPAL
JACKIE AND NORMAN AND BEATRIX BUNNY

I have a Happy Hutch too, it's good I was impressed with it. I now have a Ryedale hutch so I can't wait to ship bunny and wife in there soon!

I'd have to recommend Kernow Pet Housing. I know loads of people who have bought great accommodation from this guy and have helped erect some too (they come flat packed). They are great quality and are expected to last at least 10 years. He makes to order and your spec too.

www.kernowpethousing.co.uk

Last edited:
i have the 6x2x2 happyhutch with 6x4 run under like lots of peeps on here. it arrived within a couple of days and have been pleased with it although we have had to make some adjustments like putting a better partition across the bedroom and lino tiles on the floor.

one q - if the hutch is 4ft deep, how on earth will you clean it out? :shock::?

one q - if the hutch is 4ft deep, how on earth will you clean it out? :shock::?

It's 4ft high and 2ft deep

Thank you everyone for your replies, I have decided to go ahead and order it, I know that I had also thought about getting a playhouse for them but after a lot of thought, I realised it just wasn't a practical idea with such a small garden. Millie and Charlie are going to love it :D and I can't wait for it to come.

I'd have to recommend Kernow Pet Housing. I know loads of people who have bought great accommodation from this guy and have helped erect some too (they come flat packed). They are great quality and are expected to last at least 10 years. He makes to order and your spec too.

I'm thinking of using Kernow Pet Housing for my new hutches (some of my old ones are leaking badly :roll: ).

Do you know what courier they use?

It's the only place I've seen that advertise the fact that they make RSPCA approved 6 feet x 3 feet hutches

Amy

I've had a quick look on their website and they seem expensive for the sizes, don't do any bigger than a 5ft either :?

http://www.kernowpethousing.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=2&Itemid=2

Look at the slope on the ramp. :shock: (bottom two pictures).

I've had a quick look on their website and they seem expensive for the sizes, don't do any bigger than a 5ft either :?

http://www.kernowpethousing.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=2&Itemid=2

Look at the slope on the ramp. :shock: (bottom two pictures).

They do 6 x 3 feet hutch...it says on the homepage ;)

The ramps do look steep tho'

They don't seem expensive to me, not considering the build quality. They look as good as the Rydale hutches, but with a larger 'bedroom' section.

Amy

Hi there.

I can vouch for the quality of the Kernow hutches. I know 6 sets of people who have all invested in one of their hutches and all are delighted. They are very, very sturdy and heavy as a result. They should last for the whole of your bunnies lifetimes. And, as they are flat packed you can build them very easily and move them when needed, when you are moving house for example.

I know one rescue centre that has all of it's accommodation built to order by Kernow and I know a boarding centre owner who has just ordered a 10x4 hutch for a new group of bunnies that she has adopted.

They are more expensive than some but if you can stretch to it, they really are worth it.

They build whatever size and shape you require too. A friend of mine who has just adopted a pair has had a hutch low to the ground with a run out of the back instead of a double storey. I think that they're excellent and no I am not on commission!

Last edited:
Back