• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pixie is healing well - eventually!!!

hooleyslops

Alpha Buck
hi guys. following on from my thread about my baby boy pumpkin dying under GA :cry: - his brother is finally on the mend , after a very worrying 24 hours!! pumpkins's little heart just stopped under GA for a neutur so that was devestating and pixie, who was neutured and had his incisors removed, seemed ok at first. unfortunatley he didn't eat or poo for 24 hours so it was back to the vets first thing yesterday morning. he was given an injection to aid gut stimulation and i let him have the run of the bathroom to try to get his gut moving. anyway at about 2 oclock yesterday afternoon, the bathroom floor was covered in rabbit poo and i was so happy i was in tears again (of relief this time!):). he is now enjoying being a house rabbit for a while and seems to be recovering well. thanks again to everyone who posted messages on the thread. i am still so devestated about pumpkin but pixie needs lot of time and attention so i have no time to mope aroung which is good. x

Ah, I am pleased that Pixie is recovering well. As you say he needs lots of love and cuddles which will help you both to get over your very sad loss of Pumpkin.

Take care and big hugs to you both.

Back