• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

no progress

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
am i being too impatient? cookie and treacle have been 2gether since tuersday evening, and there has been no fights, but moutning and fur pulling on cookies part. treacle either puts up with it or hops away. they share a litter tray, toys and food, and she has groomed him a few times but then he pulls her fur ans she moves away. but no snuggles or anything yet...

am i just being impatient bcus domino and pebbles were love at first site and pb and j only took a day? probably because they lived slongside each other for a year befor being bonded....

just dusnt seem to be going anywhere

I'd say that is progress, esp if they are sharing food bowls etc. Are they sharing their living quarters fulltime now? If not, I'd leave them together and let them sort themselves out.:)

Don't ask me, Barley bit Dolly when I tried to bond them - I mean how could anyone bite a cute little face like that! I haven't tried bonding since!

Good luck though!

Hannah

yeh there in a pen, theyve been together 100% since tuesday, so they r sleeping in the same area etc, like nite he flopped out on his side while she stretched out near him. they live quite happil co-hab, jus no signs of love yet!

cus they not 'mine' my mum wants 2 know when youg uys think they wud be okay 2 go back 2 her work?with cookie? should be wait untilt here is definate snuggles? i said we should but thought id ask you guys xxx

yea i know why hes doing it, but i just think well,..she hasnt challendged him once so im sure he gets she knows he is the boss?

Where will they be living at your mum's work? Sorry, I don't know the history here:)

lol okay....

in may mum took dominos sisters to her work, she works with people who have learning difficulries and they live ins upported housing. my mum and her co workers r responsible for the wellbeing of the rabbits etc etc. sadly peter died and treacle was lonely, so we got her spayed and then waited her hormones to die down, now i am pairing her up with cookie.

they live at her work, there is always at least 1 care worker on at all times, and they r very well looked after, the residents all fuss over here and feed her/clean her out, they r very able jus need help with somethings thats why its 'supported housing'

they get so much attention and fuss its untrue!!lol

outdoor, but they have treacle indoors in the evenings in the lounge with the heating off if its not too cold outside. my mum even sneaks her into the office when shes on her own lol!! treacle jus jumps up on the desk n flops out!

but they in the conservatory at the moment being bonded

Have you told your mum that Treacle's hutch will have to be scrubbed out with white vinegar to remove all previous rabbitty scents? That might be the only flash point, so try to neutralise the hutch as much as possible.. perhaps even change its position so that even the view from it isn't familiar to Treacle. I'd give it maybe one more day in the pen and then put them out in the hutch. It may be ages before you see snuggling, and for all you know they even be doing it in secret!!:lol:

they already have:D my mum was helping them do it yesterday, course when she got in today they all ran out to see her and she was like 'no not yet maybe tomorrow' lol! they moved the hutch too, but treacle has been ere since dec 19th, cus they all go away 4 xmas so treacle came here and we thought she might aswell stay until she was ready 4 bonding so she 'forgets' about her hutch. xx

hope so. they r so excited bout getting them, but i feel so sad that im going to have to say goodbye to my cookie bun :(

Back