• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paint inside of hutch / shed & run height?

Hi,

I'm feeling in a creative / make things look pretty mode :)lol:), and Barley's shed is by target - poor man I'll be putting picture on the wall soon! (the house is a tip but we won't worry about that!).

Does anyone paint the inside of their hutches / shed? It it totally unnecessary? Or a good idea? Or will it ruin the shed? If so what kind of paint do you use? You can see from the photo that I've already painted the outside of the hutch a rather lovely shade of Heritage Sage :D (actually you can't see much of the painted part of the shed but I promise it is all painted the same colour!). I've still to paint the inner door frame and the inside of the door which will be green to match the outside!

Also I am wanting to extend Barley's run making it double the size it is now (moving into the space where you can see the other hutch), currently it is 2ft high, what are the benefits of having a higher run & are they worth it - Barley can get to full stretch in the run (he's in photo so you can see how large he is)! To build a run the same height would be only cost me about £10 as I have quite a few supplies already! Construction won't most likely begin until the February when... you never know the weather may improve or by then my dads car will be out of the garage and I will be able to use that space for construction! (I like Barley but I'm not standing out in the pouring rain building him a run!).

I am wanting to get Barley a friend, who idealy will be coming from a rescue so opinions of those who run or do home checks for rescues would be helpful :D

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this.

18.jpg

Hannah

cant help with the paint questions but my ferrets had posters of ferrets up in their shed, they also had a ferret calender and a big picture collage of themselves up in there as well :lol::lol:

i did read however that if you are painting something that a pet might eat or nibble on then to use a non toxic paint similar to one you might paint a childs toybox with

Back