• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

humming - what does it mean?!

Biscuits

Young Bun
We had a very affectionate bun (male) who would "hum" when excited, or when he ran over to see us....our new bun, a 3 month old rescue lionhead who we picked up on saturday, hummed at me for the first time last night.. I went to sit down near him and he came running over to see me and hummed! I was really pleased, as I've always assumed this is a happy noise. Is this correct?!

It means he fancies you :lol: Its a hormonal mating sound. They often do it whilst running round you in circles or, not so pleasent, while spraying you with urine.

Has he been neutered?

Oh great!!! No he hasn't been neutered (incidently at what age can this be done?) and hasn't shown any signs of spraying....yet! Our old bun never sprayed either and he wasn't neutered. I remember owning a little boy bun when I was a child that did spray.. do some spray and some don't?

Our spayed doe Hoops does it when she's excited, usually accompanied by little stamps too! Our latest addition Sienna has hummed a couple of times when food has been around and she's spayed too! x

As soon as his testicals drop and fill out a little (when they are a little rounded, not at the wrinkled 'sundried tomato' stage). This averages about 14-16 weeks.

Fudge makes the honking/buzzing/humming noise normally running in circles around me....he is supposed to be 5months but vet is sure he is a wee bit younger....he has his testicles now but having gone through an infection and still not determined why we have pink piddle cant be done for at least 6wks. No sign of spraying/humping etc.

Just lots of 'i love you mummy'

It means he fancies you :lol: Its a hormonal mating sound. They often do it whilst running round you in circles or, not so pleasent, while spraying you with urine.

Has he been neutered?

Get out of my head !!! I was just about to post the same thing :lol::lol:

Minty was nearly 6 month before he started spraying, I thought maybe he was going to be a nice polite boy but then it started lol

lol it's great when they learn how to aim it i got few crackers right in the eye and one i was laughing when he did it eww eww eww it was gross

Back