• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

licking the radiator?!?!?

karen1980

Mama Doe
Okay Lily is a house bun and lives in the hall when im a work.

I sometimes catch her sitting in her litter box lixking the radiator (even when its on - although low very worrying!) :shock::shock:

Ive caght her before just sitting facing the rad licking it too! :shock:
Im worried about her in case she burns her tongue!
If I distract her she'll forget about it but its really weird...

:lol: I'm so glad you posted!
My Hazel is a house bun too and he goes to the radiator and licks it! Even when its on! His lady wife seems to have no such fetish its just him!
He seems. . . in love :love: The radiator gets far more of a grooming than his wifeybun ever does!!

Squidgy will lick anything! He's made friends with most of the furniture in 'his' room! We know we're in big trouble when he prefers to lick the chair leg rather than us!

lol im glad my misty aint the only one who does this lol he also licks the bars on his hutch :lol: such strange creatures but very cute :love:

you reckon there could be a smidgen of dust on these places - Why I say that is because anything with a cob web or dust - my bunnies are there :roll: - not so much in the house cos its kept clean :lol: but Garden furniture and they are off! :lol:

Molly loves 'this is mine-ing' the radiator, no licking though. He keeps adjusting the temperature, since the dial is very delicate!

I feel left out, mine only lick each other, and Mishy licked my nose once :D, she hasn't done it since though, i must not taste very good! :lol:

I must say that i really love it when they lick/groom each other at the same time, it's lovely :love:, and really funny to watch, and no matter what i do they don't stop when they are having a "grooming session", they go into a daze, only stopping very occasionally to look at me as if to say "will you go away, we are having a bath"! :roll::lol:

It looks like they are having a good snog from a distance! :lol:

Piper licks the carpet all the time and Alfred licks the hardwood floor :rolleyes: Such nutty bunnies! :lol::lol:

Tomee licks the carpet too, strange behaviour! He likes to stand on his hind legs with his paws on the radiator aswell, I might make him some gloves if he has cold paws! :lol:

oh i am pleased other peoples bunny's do this parsley LOVEs the radiator he's curled up next to it now he licks nearly all the furniture they're just crazy got gorgeous

Back